Teleportation:The future is gonna be so cool !!

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
Stam

Teleportation:The future is gonna be so cool !!

Post by Stam »

Teleportation is the name given by science fiction writers to the feat of making an object or person disintegrate in one place while a perfect replica appears somewhere else. How this is accomplished is usually not explained in detail, but the general idea seems to be that the original object is scanned in such a way as to extract all the information from it, then this information is transmitted to the receiving location and used to construct the replica, not necessarily from the actual material of the original, but perhaps from atoms of the same kinds, arranged in exactly the same pattern as the original. A teleportation machine would be like a fax machine, except that it would work on 3-dimensional objects as well as ****, it would produce an exact copy rather than an approximate facsimile, and it would destroy the original in the process of scanning it. A few science fiction writers consider teleporters that preserve the original, and the plot gets complicated when the original and teleported versions of the same person meet; but the more common kind of teleporter destroys the original, functioning as a super transportation device, not as a perfect replicator of souls and bodies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albert Einstein dismissed it as "spooky," "Star Trek" made it science fiction, but Austrian scientists say teleportation is a reality.

The dream of teleportation is to be able to travel by vanishing and reappearing instantly at a distant location, as Captain James Kirk and the crew of the starship Enterprise did in the U.S. television series.

The teleportation team at the Institute for Experimental Physics in the Alpine winter resort of Innsbruck is unable to "beam up" either human beings or any other living things.

But what they have succeeded in doing is transferring the properties of a photon--a single particle of light invisible to the **** eye--to another photon, instantly and without any connection or communication between the two.

"We had one photon prepared with well-defined properties. In the experiment, this photon had to disappear and another photon a meter (three feet) away turned out to be a replica of the original," said Anton Zeilinger, the professor of experimental physics who heads the six-member team.

The experiment--reported in the science magazine Nature--may one day lead to quantum super computers which could process information quicker than the speed of light.

Einstein in the 1930s dismissed this aspect of quantum mechanics as "spooky action from a distance" because it suggested something could travel faster than the speed of light--violating the laws of physics.

"What Einstein said basically is that the world cannot be that strange," Zeilinger explained. "We now know that he was wrong. We now know that the world really is that strange."

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

But it's not a "perfect replica" it's the same person, the atoms are disassembled at point A, and re-assembled at point B
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
iBye

Post by iBye »

It would really solve our transportation problems, but I'll put my vote on that this will take some time for the scientists to develope.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Stam

Post by Stam »

If they ever had one created i don't think they'd use it on humans as in safety reason
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

It would need extensive testing on objects, and maybe mice too.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

:) forget about whether or not it will be used for humans, even if it will be, i will be the last person to use it :D
iBye

Post by iBye »

SHAdmin wrote::) forget about whether or not it will be used for humans, even if it will be, i will be the last person to use it :D
Haha, I would test it first :D
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
daddygotech

Post by daddygotech »

Then i had be the first, SHadmin :)
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

SHAdmin wrote::) forget about whether or not it will be used for humans, even if it will be, i will be the last person to use it :D
Nah, you will be the second to last and I will be the last. :P
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Technically if neither of you ever used it, then you'd not be last, you wouldnt have done it at all, so how could you be last to do it?