nVidia vs Radeon

Any discussion regarding hardware features as well as hardware troubleshooting can be carried out here.
iyrz

Post by iyrz »

i'd prefer amd-ati graphic card,for the better performance

shawn

Post by shawn »

I likes both.
Both also nice.
Bulletproof

Post by Bulletproof »

between the 6800GT and 9600 is the 6800GT better!
So i would choose for Nvidia
siva

Post by siva »

I prefer nVidia .But it depends on the graphic ram.
limpeh-behsi

Post by limpeh-behsi »

siva wrote:I prefer nVidia .But it depends on the graphic ram.
Sorry for a late reply. Well, RAM is not the main thing when you choose a graphic card, the main thing is the GPU (graphic processing unit). Just like your PC, the main thing is the processor, if your processor is not strong, it will just bottleneck everything that is better than it. Well, I don't mean that RAM for the graphic card is not important, but if you have a lousy card, with 512MB RAM, it justs a waste for it since it won't be using so much. I am looking forward to the upcoming 8600GT/Ultra/GTS (no official release, so I don't know). It seems that the price is <250$, quite worth it/

garfunkel

Post by garfunkel »

Well, they are both good and to be a "fanboy" for one company is wrong, they both deliver very good products and saying something like "nvidia/amd(ati) is king!" is very very wrong. They go through cycles, right now they are both very good.

Saying that, nvidia do have by far the better drivers, especially for linux. ATI cards are a headache to set up on *nix systems. Also, nvidia cards have the better openGL support. But i generally would say that ATI have the better hardware architechture.
noobcrewz

Post by noobcrewz »

Ive got the Gigabyte nvidia 7600GS video card, and i still only play old games like Warcraft 3
noobcrewz.com - Sydney Shufflers!
anish

Post by anish »

I am using Radeon. its nice. but i havent use nVidia.
Trae

Post by Trae »

Nvidia is clearly better. I suggest you go with them. You won't be dissappointed.
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

nvidia is the king queen and everything in graphics
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site