My New Kitten

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
Tails5

My New Kitten

Post by Tails5 »

I'm getting a kitten on the the 12th of December, a Black and White Domestic Shorthair, and I was wondering are there any diseases I need to immunize it against appart from Feline Enteritis (Panleucopenia)?

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Niaoson

Post by Niaoson »

Think you can just bring it to the vet and get advise from him/her. Sterilization?
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

What do you mean by sterilization?
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Snap_Shot

Post by Snap_Shot »

I had a cat once, but it ran away and i was so sad. :(
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

:( I feel sorry for you, my kitty doesn't know her way so if she got lost, she'd never get back to me :( So I keep her inside till she knows the way home.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Any Vet would be able to tell you what to get for it in the terms of shots. Some cats can sometimes get Cancer which as of now I don't think there is anything to prevent it, but I'd say Rabies, Worms, Fleas... if you get those taken care of then your cat has less of a chance of becoming sick.

Cats will usually venture out only so far then return home unless the cat just doesn't want to return home, all really depends on how often you let it outside and how friendly you are to it.

I would say if you don't want her getting pregnant you may want to get her Spayed, which removes the possibility for her to get pregnant.

If I remember anything I will let you know later, hope you have fun with your kitty. Mine recently passed away so I warn you now you can get very very attached to a kitty and they will get very attached to you as well.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I don't mind her getting pregnant. I read though she should be 1 year old first, so her body finishes developing. And thankyou for the information. I'm sorry about your kitty.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Don't worry about it.. I just got two new kittens... One of them is shy but friendly, and the other one isn't shy but kinda feral lol.

Trust me you want to get her fixed because if you don't you will very soon find out that cats multiply like rabbits and mice. We went from 3 Cats to over 40 of them in a period of 2 years... They are all lovely cats and wouldn't get rid of them for anything but not everyone can afford that many. So I would watch out if I were you lol. Cats can have 2 - 8 Kittens per pregnancy and can get pregnant atleast once every 6 months. It can get pretty crazy lol.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I'll find homes for them! Don't worry :p
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:Don't worry about it.. I just got two new kittens... One of them is shy but friendly, and the other one isn't shy but kinda feral lol.

Trust me you want to get her fixed because if you don't you will very soon find out that cats multiply like rabbits and mice. We went from 3 Cats to over 40 of them in a period of 2 years... They are all lovely cats and wouldn't get rid of them for anything but not everyone can afford that many. So I would watch out if I were you lol. Cats can have 2 - 8 Kittens per pregnancy and can get pregnant atleast once every 6 months. It can get pretty crazy lol.
Use the human way :D
Teach them from young - "Always use protection"