Few suggestions from SH members.

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.

Should the site be PRUNED?

I don't know
23%
I don't know
26%
I don't know
13%
I don't know
16%
I don't know
23%

Total votes: 31
Nic

Post by Nic »

So far I've not got hosting, but joined because a previous free host went down. They are back up but looking for a different free host.

I don't mind post2host type places as I spend an hour or two per day surfing forums I'm in. To me a P2H forum is dependent on the members. If there are interesting topics and discussions I can easily join in and posting isn't then a problem. This is crucial as posting shouldn't be a chore to keep the hosting, but a fun enjoyable task, where the hosting becomes a fringe benefit.

I've been busy since joining but once I get into the flow I'll be posting (no point thinking about hosting until then!)

jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

I joined smokyhosts because of its quality hosting packages. I have been inactive for a longtime too. It's only because I don't get access as before.
I am in a hostel which does not have any computer facilities. I do not own a laptop or a desktop pc (and i do not know how i am surviving). Internet is really costly for me and a kind of luxury if i get it easily.

I think pruning is not a good idea.
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

According to the polls the verdict is no lol.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt leaving them .. but atleast the auto-lock of all old posts. If you need me to find it I will. Thanks everyone for your replies, keep up the good work.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
flamobro

Post by flamobro »

I picked smoky hosts because i know plenty of people using and have heard mostly good things about :lol: :o
darko

Post by darko »

Well, i first had free hosting, and those hosts didn't last for long, so i had to move my scripts over and over again, then from there i went into paid hosting, and that was a big mistake, i had lots and lots of problems, with these guys, and stoped working with them, two months later, that's when i joined FWS witch is a webhosting discussion community and that where i found an ad for smokyhosts, and decided to give it a shot, and here i am almost a year later, with the same companies with very few if any problems
Darko
iBye

Post by iBye »

I choosed Smokyhosts becouse of good quality. I've been on a few other free post-for-host pages. They either went down for some reason or they changed the plans to really bad. I think inactivity should be punished, 1 month is, hmm. Maybe to little. Since many factors can make so you cant post or being active, holiday etc. How about 2 months? Yeah, 2 months is not to much, or to little.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

I joined smokyhosts for the obvious reason of free hosting. But I also liked how it had a strong community of members to help me get started if i needed it. Many post to host companies only want your posts to gain revenue of ads which here it seems like its more of a family of webmasters not just a bunch of random spam. Id be good with getting rid of non active members but if you delete old posts the only problem id have with that is your post count would go down wouldn't it?
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

You have a good point, although somewhere I have seen that post count is final but I have noticed in my own forums that deleting old posts caused the post count to go down.

I think the Prune Forums on the Phpbb boards have a coding in it to prevent loss of overall post count. But I never thought about that. This idea is almost like 6 - 7 months old or something like that I done thought it would of been un-stickied by now.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Zeqya

Post by Zeqya »

I Came Cause I Found That Smokyhosts Got Free Webhosting I'll Be Active If I'm At Home But If The Free Hosting Been Removed Then I Wont Be Active
Want A Nice Website With A Forum
Dont **** Unless You Want To Die If You're Already Dead Then Ok
Wanna Make Colors Too?BBcode
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Zeqya wrote:I Came Cause I Found That Smokyhosts Got Free Webhosting I'll Be Active If I'm At Home But If The Free Hosting Been Removed Then I Wont Be Active
Wow! Where did you get that news from?

SmokyHosts Free hosting service has always been on and will continue to be offered free.