I Need Computer Help

General discussion regarding computers can be carried out here.
pryj

I Need Computer Help

Post by pryj »

A program I ussually use is giving me an error saying it has to close everytime it opens. I've been using this program for months now and this is the first time I experienced this problem so I guess it's something wrong with my computer. I'm using Windows XP and when I ran the program in Windows Compatibility Mode the program worked, but how can I get it to start working normally again without using Windows Compatibility Mode?

I'm not the only person that uses this computer so the other people might have screwed it up, but they woulden't know how they screwed it up if they did so hopefully someone will be able to help me.

afzal

Post by afzal »

Plz explain .. the program which you use and which XP ver. are you using ... And the complete error which it displays ..??
TimedArt

Post by TimedArt »

Have you tried re-installing the program?

-TimedArt
znad

Post by znad »

Have you tried re-installing the program?

like TimedArt said
ELMOHTARF

Post by ELMOHTARF »

YOU MUST RE-INSTALLING THE PROGRAM AND INSTALL IT AGAIN

IF YOU SEE THIS ERROR AGAIN YOU MUST INSTALL ANEW WINDOWS
With My Best Wishes ::::::: Scorpion :::::::::
DragonFire

Post by DragonFire »

Well.. tryinstalling it again.. otherwise.. get a new version or buy a new computer
ComplexAddict

Post by ComplexAddict »

Maybe say program name ? Cud explain alot
-There is nothing more needed in life than partying all night long.
Twitch13

Post by Twitch13 »

Like everyone says, giving us a name would help. Alot.
kaos_frack

Post by kaos_frack »

also tell what exactly the error says
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

It's not always just as simple to reinstall something and expect it to work. If it isn't a Window XP Program meaning it wasn't designed to run on XP, then you have to use the Compatability Mode to select which Version of Windows it was designed for. Some Programs also link Dlls together and if you uninstall 1 program it might delete the shared .dll from another program causing it not to work then a Uninstall and Reinstall of that Program would work.

Depending on what program it is and what version of Windows it is meant for could determine the exact problem.

But fo you people saying the same thing over and over just spamming non the less don't help him/her in any way. Most people can't afford a new computer or version of Windows so those ideas just for one program is a bit redundant. My advice is run the Windows Compatability Mode all the time, since it works don't try to find another route to take it to. If something works, use it don't complicate things :).
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!