Is COBOL cool or what???

Any help regarding any computer based programming language (non serverside) can be requested and recieved here.
biskit67

Is COBOL cool or what???

Post by biskit67 »

I've been a COBOL programmer for 15 years. If anybody has a question about it, let me know.

(2/20)

Lixas

Post by Lixas »

quite interesting langeage, an it is possible to create smth big with that program?? Earlier i were interested in REBOL, it's smthing like COBOL, but could be like server sided CGI :) Does COBOL can be server sided program??
D0M1N0R

Post by D0M1N0R »

COBOl? Never even heard of it, 15 years, since i was born..
bplax70

Post by bplax70 »

what is COBOL?
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

COBOL is a programming language, where u use syntax like this:

buttor red 15 19 transparen 1 0 blue

i'm not sayint that this syntax will realy work, but main idea is that, thuis syntax could paint button with size 15 x 19 transparental from top left to bottom right with a blue color.
NOTICE. This is just example, i remember ir from REBOL, its the same language (plain english) but as i understand- free and has mysql support, and could be replacement for php interpreter :)
beavis6325

cobol

Post by beavis6325 »

Yeah, COBOL was invented with the intent on making it look pretty to make it easier to sell to business owners. This worked, and is a reason it's still around, and a reason for the many flaws and annoyances it has.
ycttm

Post by ycttm »

Post Edited by: TheCrymsonLegends
Copying of posts is SPAM, spam is not delt with lightly.

Please refrain from spamming in further instances as to a continuation of spamming can lead to a cancellation and possible removal of an account.

Thank you and please follow rules from now on.
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

hmmm2 same post from 2 different people,btw i'm gonna find more about the cobal, and c if i can use it :lol: .
ashba7

Post by ashba7 »

COBOL is a programming language

i know afew detail about it

COBOL is common bussines orinted language :lol: :lol:
mohumben

Post by mohumben »

COBOL is a "different" language, not any way like C/PHP/Javascript which are what I am used to work with.

And it looks hard too.

Code: Select all

define('I_LOVE_PHP', true);