Christmas Computer

General discussion regarding computers can be carried out here.
tewage

Christmas Computer

Post by tewage »

I'm thinking about buying a computer. My computer now has like 60gb of space and like 30 available. I was looking online for computers and noticed that 60 is nothing to what they offer now. I had my computer since 2000. Computers now have like 300+ gbs of space and a much bigger RAM. My computer is fine, but I do a lot of work and have to save a lot of stuff. The most important thing is the space on the computer. If you know some great computers jot them down. I mean I like if it was cheap, but I know how computers are a little expensive.

Thanks for helping me out.

thetarget

Post by thetarget »

You know anything about DIY computers?
tewage

Post by tewage »

Do it yourself? Building it by scratch? I have two of those, and they run horrible. One gets virus' on it even though nobody uses it and the other one just goes really slow. That one was mine, but I have protection....still goes slow. Trash worthy tbh.
Ky

Post by Ky »

You can find a decent build from one of the computer enthusiast’s forum, and then order the parts from Newegg. If you rather have one build for you, try AVA Direct.

I’d at least wait till the second half of 2009, since Intel will be releasing some great hardware.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Intel is bringing hardware every half of a year. No point waiting IMO.

My DIY computers havn't give me any problem yet, other than the failing hard disk (it is old)

If you want propietary hardwares, it will really depend on what you are using it for and how much is your budget.
NameLess

Post by NameLess »

I agree with thetarget DIY computers are good if you know how to build it ofc.
And the thing about virus you said. Try format ;)
sobkisu

Post by sobkisu »

I think , You can upgrade your pc. And otherwise you can buy a new computer parts and arrange them by yourself If you know about hardware well.. By this i think you can reduce cost.
Ky

Post by Ky »

If all you need is extra space, purchase an external hard drive. Dell recently had a 1 TB external for around $100, and the live cash back still works with buy.com.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

woah! $100! i didnt know hardisk getting so cheap now..
beAddesia

Christmas Computer

Post by beAddesia »

Why settle for upgrading it later? Just get a good computer to start with.

What do you think about building one? For a start it will enable you to cut out crap like that Acer.