Moving a site

Moderator: Lixas

vijethk

Moving a site

Post by vijethk »

Friends, can any one explain if i want to move a website from one hosting to the another what i need to do. can any one explain in detail.
For example i have a wordpress blog hosting in some other hosting company. So now i want to move it to the smoky host hosting.. So how i do that..
Should i copy the entire wordpress folder installed and put it in smoky host along with the Slq back up... or I just have to take the Mslq back up from that site and in smoky host i need to install a new wordpress and update that Mslq file..
how to do friends.. I really need this info.. I need to shif my wordpress from different hosting account to smoky host.. So plz help.

Lixas

Post by Lixas »

probably you should install fresh wordpress and some additional components if you used in old host and update you MySQL database with data from old host. Maybe it will work (i never migrated wordpress before)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

You need to copy your old installation and database according to this site: http://technosailor.com/2007/04/06/word ... -new-host/
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Gebbo

Word press

Post by Gebbo »

vijethk wrote:Friends, can any one explain if i want to move a website from one hosting to the another what i need to do. can any one explain in detail.
For example i have a wordpress blog hosting in some other hosting company. So now i want to move it to the smoky host hosting.. So how i do that..
Should i copy the entire wordpress folder installed and put it in smoky host along with the Slq back up... or I just have to take the Mslq back up from that site and in smoky host i need to install a new wordpress and update that Mslq file..
how to do friends.. I really need this info.. I need to shif my wordpress from different hosting account to smoky host.. So plz help.
Another good site to lookup is http://www.pixel2life.com which can help with any additional questions!
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................

Alwahsh

Post by Alwahsh »

I think it will work if you install new copy because the information are kept in the database