Certificate Validation

If there is anything for ultimate privacy such as reporting some bugs in the control panel script or such disscussions can be done here.

Note :: Remember, if a post is not of such ultimate privacy related then it must be posted in some other forum which is visible to the open public
Jason

Certificate Validation

Post by Jason »

Each time I visit my cPanel I get prompted to accept a certificate (both here and at College) and it's starting to become tedious. Is there a chance you, SHAdmin, could do something about your certification validity?

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

The only thing that can be done is remove the https protocol which i dont want to at this moment.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Does that happen for EVERY page of cPanel? I only get that certificate validation when first logging in.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Flipper3 wrote:Does that happen for EVERY page of cPanel? I only get that certificate validation when first logging in.
When first logging in, for the remainder of the time the cookies remember for you, for that session.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Jason wrote:When first logging in, for the remainder of the time the cookies remember for you, for that session.
Well, how is it a hassle if it's only one extra step? :\

It can be a little irritating, but it's only one extra step. Think of the bright side: at least it doesn't ask on every page. :P
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

If you have Firefox,
you can add and except,
and make it permanently keep the exception.
Its saying invalid certificate because the certificate is for smokyhosts,
But he put it on the server too.
Just use what I said above ^^
Wont be back till Sunday!
Jason

Post by Jason »

Flipper3 wrote:Well, how is it a hassle if it's only one extra step? :\

It can be a little irritating, but it's only one extra step. Think of the bright side: at least it doesn't ask on every page. :P
I log into my cPanel from College as well as at home and things can simply not be remembered all the time. Even when things are remembered it's still annoying; in Firefox you get prompted 3 times--if you remember the choice you get prompted once | in Internet Explorer (7) it always prompts you with some silly page.

I don't understand why the browser has a problem with the certificate :confused:
MrAlex wrote:If you have Firefox,
you can add and except,
and make it permanently keep the exception.
Its saying invalid certificate because the certificate is for smokyhosts,
But he put it on the server too.
Just use what I said above ^^
I have made Firefox remember the certificate, I just have 'Domain Name Mismatch' prompt now; which is annoying each session.
Thank You for the explanation :)