GUI or Typed?

Any problem with HTML can be discussed here.
Hazzy

GUI or Typed?

Post by Hazzy »

I was wondering if you used a piece of software such as Front Page or Dreamweaver to create websites/pages or if you typed out the code in a word processor/notepad?

I use both Front Page 2003 and Dreamweaver MX, but I'm trying to take note of the code so one day I won't have to rely on seeing what I'm making :D

Thanks
-Hazzy

toychoq

Post by toychoq »

hi,
pliz write what u want exactly
to want to know whether we have sich software or some help
:roll: :roll:
UNDERCOVER

Post by UNDERCOVER »

:shock: what are u saying ?
neutron189

Post by neutron189 »

Ok i am confused
TimedArt

Post by TimedArt »

A good compromise is to use Dreamweaver (a much better program than FrontPage in my opinion) and look at codeview only. It will help you with html tags, but you can still edit and write them yourself. If you get stuck you can always switch back into the design view.

-TimedArt
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

text typing only, no gui :)
wil

Post by wil »

Sometimes, especially for big complicated sites, using Dreamweaver can be helpful. It can really cut down on the amount of code you have to type in. But as TimedArt suggested, it can be good to spend time using Dreamweavers Codeview mode. It can help a LOT of you know HTML enough to know whether Dreamweaver is writing good code or not -- a lot of times it doesn't.

For smaller sites with simpler pages, I like using a text editor. I've probably created nearly as many webpages with WordPad as I have with Dreamweaver. Another program I use regularly is WebCoder, which has more web-specific features than a regular text editor.

Cheers,

Wil
kaos_frack

Post by kaos_frack »

totally confused
do you want to ask what happens when you open a site (created in frontpage) with dreamweaver?
Graves

Post by Graves »

I use Notepad to do my work ... fast simple effective... learn a lot and do it like you should without help then it is more you.
Valiantheart

Post by Valiantheart »

Try the split view for Dreamweaver :)

The GUI is useful to see generally how it would look. But the final look would still differ from browser to browser.