Windows or linux??

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.

Linux or Windows??

Windows
50%
Windows
50%

Total votes: 12
SHAdmin

Windows or linux??

Post by SHAdmin »

Which one would you prefer if given a choice??

I would prefer having a dual boot of both for atleast an year more and then convert completely into linux.

Linux having great features and looks along with ease of operating with the great GUI makes it a wonderful OS. However since there are still many more applications and softwares that still dont have support for linux, i thought of that stuff of dual boot for an year. Because i feel within an years time linux softwares may even become more than those for windows coz they being open source.

What is your opinion??

Virtual

Post by Virtual »

I voted Linux because it is a rising OS but it is very good for servers in general, most of us don`t realise that most of the internet is based on unix type systems, when we read our e-mails, or post on a forum we possibly using linux or freebsd or other OS, but windows is very most used for desktops because it is easily to navigate and it is really popular for now.
ortamahalle

Post by ortamahalle »

ı voted windows because i haven't used to linux and ı don't know :D
firezip

Post by firezip »

windows, its the most common and user friendly :D
linux-mail

Post by linux-mail »

Linux suse9 or Linux slackwave9 best :)
Windows ME or Windows XP/SP2 :)
Resol

Post by Resol »

I voted linux
I do prefer osx though
trial

Post by trial »

Windows OS.
Most of games and programs are made 4 Windows.
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

If i would be available to use internet in my computer on linux, i would drop windows very very far, and never install it again on my cpu, but, i have wireless internet and dont find drivers for my wirelez card, so i must to use Windoze :( But if i will find drivers, i'll realy delete windows from my hdd.
And about windows programs in linux: there is few very cool windows emulators, so linux users can run MS office, play almost all games developed for windows, and so on.....
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Windows :) I love XP but the ammount of crap it installs that I don't need and I can't get rid of shks!!
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
scriptshop

Post by scriptshop »

Now I have duall boot
I have System Commander and it boots Slackware Linux 10.1 and Windows Xp. i really like Linux because it's fast and you can modify your your OS how you want., But Windows is very easy, what makes it very popular..
My choice is Linux.