Points for referals!?

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
MrAlex

Points for referals!?

Post by MrAlex »

Well,
I thought of this:

Why not get points for people who refer AND get sign ups (both have to happen to get points).

This is just a suggestion.
So what you think?

Alex

Wont be back till Sunday!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

It sounds like a good idea, but isn't there already a reward for referring? I could be wrong though.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
iBye

Post by iBye »

I dont think there is actually, or could be that you can participate in some contests or something. Good idea though.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Well, I think that the current reward for referring is the self-satisfaction that you brought somebody to such a great place! :D

You shouldn't just get points just for referring, the person that you refer should also have to be active. People might start to make multi accounts if this activity isn't also taken into account.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Flipper3 wrote:Well, I think that the current reward for referring is the self-satisfaction that you brought somebody to such a great place! :D

You shouldn't just get points just for referring, the person that you refer should also have to be active. People might start to make multi accounts if this activity isn't also taken into account.
Oh, I forgot to mention that they also have to get a free hosting package to get points too (so its not abused ;))
Wont be back till Sunday!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

One monthly referral reward system already exists. Please refer to http://www.smokyhosts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3752 for further details.