Audio/Media

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Tcoo

Audio/Media

Post by Tcoo »

Well this is for more of us then for the site, but it will add alittle spice to the site. Try to add a music player that one of you the mods or admins update weekly with new music that we can all listen to while we browse the site, i dont if this is even possible, but you can try.

The other part for media would be an arcade for games and other stuff such as videos and pictures, but mainly the arcade sense most people like playing games. Ive seen them on other websites so i thought you could easy out it in, you can also use this for more of your way.

Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

I think that the music is a bad idea because I think that most people (I know I do) listen to music while browsing so this would just be an inconvenience. However, if enough users want it then I think that it should be added, but for it to be optional and set to Off by default.

The arcade is a pretty good idea and maybe even having it cost points to play games. That could be done by having it reduce points whenever a user visits the page where you actually play the game.

As for the videos and pictures, couldn't we just make topics/threads to share them?
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

I thought the music is a very good idea.
not only having music, but having a playlist to choose from.
It would not be a inconvinience if there is a stop button that is easily spot'able' and usable. Songs will be off by default. Settings saved with user profiles, instead of cookies. I dont see anything bad about that.

That said, it just comes around to us, we need to improvise, instead of reject :)
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Seeing as Smokyhosts is a professional business I believe adding music would be a bad idea. MP3 Players are allowed on personal sites granted they are not able to be downloaded but on a professional site where a WIDE range of people visit could cause a disturbance which would be unnecessary. Some people would find certain music insulting as other people would find other music insulting. It would be impossible to find anything which everyone actually likes. It is a nice idea but there are enough Internet Radio websites which offer better selections for your browsing pleasure.

My personal favorite is http://www.pandora.com -- They allow you to input a band or song title and it will play anything which resembles it or is in the same category as it! I honestly do not see this suggestion being used for the above reasons.

The Arcade Idea has also been suggested and dismissed due to it's unprofessional appearance. I was in favor of it back then but I had to agree with SHAdmin and his final decision.

Thank you for the suggestion though, please keep up the good work :) If I came off a bit rude I did not intend on it, I am just posting my opinion :D!
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thecobra

Post by thecobra »

i think audio music player will be a great idea for the website due to the fact i get some time bored and want to hear something new besided the music that are the pc

ps
there no cool music on school pc so please put cool music on website so i wont get bored in school
Xanavi

Post by Xanavi »

I agree that having music on the site would be unprofessional. It would be nice to have a news RSS headline flash movie on the top with hosting/ISP/tech news.

This would add some complexity and an aura of cutting edge. Also it would catch peoples eyes. A headline they are interested in which when **** would be the whole headline display on a local page here on site would add some more browse time to the site.