SmokyPosts.com

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

True but I'm not too positive if SHAdmin will go along with it. I mean it does sound like a good idea but still it's two domains to the exact same website, not to sure if it's worth the hassle. SHAdmin is probably following this post and when some more incentives are brought out he will probably make a post reguarding his view on it, it's awesome he always gives thought to any ideas. I'd say it could be a good thing and it could just be nothing, unless it can actually bring more people I don't see the point in it at all.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Well it would turn up more results on the search engine to have multiple domains, so more coverage of the results page, more chance someone **** this site.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Just like many companies trying to attract more visitors to a shop, no garantee that they will buy something, but at least, more visitors > more chance of success. We can't weigh these revenue, but we can see the result.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

It could be worth it though, say SH gains 10 VPS or Reseller customers from it,
domain registration = 8.99/year
Lowest level VPS account = 6.95/month($83.40/year)
10 Lowest level VPS accounts = $834/year

' $834.00
=$826.00

Even assuming half that amount of customers, it's still a nice amount of money.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti