Looking for help.

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Do you really think that I would let you down? Of course I wouldn't!

That was confusing...so can you design with tables or not? If so, then it's alright. Lots of people use tables and all since div's are hard. Heck, div's were a pain in the arse for me so I didn't use them.

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Yeah I can design in tables, I was trying to use div's but they work properly with just text but putting a table ina div slot doesn't appear well. :)

I gave it some better color, and I would suggest veiwing it in Internet Explorer or if you have Firefox get the IE Tab and set my website to be shown in the IE Tab because it appears better in IE.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
web_master

Post by web_master »

If your after tutorials on php mysql etc check out "Pixel2life" its the largest tutorial search engine on the internet catering to graphic designers and programmers and can be found at the following address http://www.pixel2life.com/
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

TheCrymsonLegends wrote:Yeah I can design in tables, I was trying to use div's but they work properly with just text but putting a table ina div slot doesn't appear well. :)

I gave it some better color, and I would suggest veiwing it in Internet Explorer or if you have Firefox get the IE Tab and set my website to be shown in the IE Tab because it appears better in IE.
It is probably best to make it work for Firefox first. ;)

However, in order to get it working for just about all browsers use this validator:

http://validator.w3.org

It has saved my life and frustrations. :P
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Internet explorer is infact a more secure browser, It's almost impossible to infect a Vista computer running IE7 in protected mode. Most of the myths about Firefox are false. The number of 'found' bugs is lower because more people target IE.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Thanks web master for the link, I have been looking at tutorials trying to get the hang of php and mysql databases but I haven't yet been able to figure out how to correctly get the hand of it when it comes to my own application of it. I will try to read up on some more to get a better hang of it if I can.

Flipper thanks for the validation link but it just looks best in IE because of the way IE handles html content such as table borders and colors. It works in Firefox but not quite the way I originally intended on it to work.

Tails you are probably correct, I did feel that Firefox was more secure than IE 6 but when IE 7 came out with Vista there were so many security features added which Firefox kinda lacks. Plus there are quite a few BB Codes in which Firefox cannot render and if it fails to render properly I don't quite see the point in it at all.

As far as coding this to function I am either going to hire a professional which is Technocrat who is head developer of Nuke Evolution or try to get a couple scripts at a time coded for payment in domain names or reseller spaces here on Smokyhosts. Once I am complete with the layout then I will continue from there. I want the website to be coded in php with html integration instead of it being html with php integration and once I figure out how to do that then all my worries will be solved.

Also does anyone know how to properly overlay php files with tpl ****? That would be an easier way to design new templates and themes for any site.

Oh the price I am looking at is roughly $1,000 from the Professional Coder, if anyone else has coding skills who would be able to code the site the way I would like make me an offer. Payment can be in cash, webspace, or domain names; that would be your choice.

I will be getting a VPS to host my website which will have un-metered bandwidth, for anyone who helps me understand coding and will put up with my slow learning ability I can give how ever much space you would like, a domain name, and share my unmetered bandwidth. So here is a list of things I would love to learn.

Mysql/Php integration for the following.
Search Queries of certain tables in the database.
Register/Log-In Forms.
Forums.

I would also like to learn php for the following.
Rank
Username Colors (More than Admin/Moderator/User)
Multiple Themes
Modules (What Lixas posted but better explanation)
Blocks (How to add and have it auto-detect for my choice to activate/de-activate)
Multiple Websites combined into one. (I would like to have multiple websites done by MySQL so that I don't have to manually upload websites and create databases for each one. This would also make it easier to search through the websites from the hub site. Each extra site would have it's own logo and be able to change it's own themes. )
Customizable CSS (I've figured out how to set up some of a css with classes but I do not know how to make it customizable so that Me [The Admin of the Hub Site] and the admins from the extra sites can customize table border colors, background colors, and font colors.

I'd love to learn how to do this myself but will take help on anything. Since this layout is coming closer to being completed at least at the hub site end I'm going to end up having to start coding in more so that I can continue progression instead of coming to a halt.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Like I said before I'd be happy to help in any way I can, and any code I make for people, I always comment so they know what I'm doing. Once someone tried to rip me off by putting a keylogger in my code, so I make sure noone thinks I'm doing anything bad by excessive commenting.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

Well get in touch with me on yahoo and I will send you a couple files to work on if you want. I'm still trying to learn a couple things so that it will make some things go easier. I am hoping to launch near February 1st in time for spring before it hits. I've almost finished the layout on the main hub site and will start working on the layout for the individual sites so I will keep you informed.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Will do, I can't wait for the finished product, though I'm still in the dark about airsoft.
TheCrymsonLegends

Airsoft is where a bunch of grown Men and Women sometimes children come together with Replicated Weapons of Modern and Past warfare which are BB Guns that shoot tiny plastic BBs which are usually the same size as a normal BB. The manufacturers also make body armor, helmets, and other equipment to attempt to recreate War in a friendly way.

Airsoft weapons are currently also being used in the Police Force and Military for training operations, although they do not shoot no where near as far and are far less accurate than the Real Steel they do provide a great way to train soldiers and the police force with less injuries which could be caused from dummy rounds and is cheaper than any HALO systems which are laser tag systems which fire from a blank round which triggers the laser to fire.

It is basically Military Simulation but I think it's just a really cool game in which I want to play because you can get lost in it and not be considered a geek like playing Ghost Recon all day and eventually getting mad because the game isn't as close to real life as it should be.

I will be giving both Tails and Flipper the source code of my layout within 2 weeks. I will be shipping out for the Military, come near the New Year, for training so it will give both of you enough time to work together to complete the site. Once I return then I will give out payments in which ever you two choose. Things are not going to happen the way I believed so plans could change. Stay in touch.