What day did Smokyhosts start?

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
Tails5

What day did Smokyhosts start?

Post by Tails5 »

I know Smokyhosts started in December 2004, but exactly what day was it established?

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

SmokyHosts was established on the 17th of December 2004
(soon nearing our 3rd birthday :D )
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

It's exactly one month away, atleast where I am. Can't wait :)
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Yeah I can't wait for this year's birthday party. Last year there were some great contests and such allow members to compete for prizes. If he plans on outdoing himself from last year this year I am going to be amazed. It's going to be awesome to see what he does for this year, I just can't wait for Smokyhost's Third Year and then Two months later will be my third year yay! Maybe I will do something special as well for my third anniversary on smokyhosts... we will see.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

nethin special happened on the 17th huh? like a boost to the free hosting by any chance? :P
just messin around

but who knows, maybe something special will arise... o_O
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Haha it makes me old too... Sad to say, I've only start to be active recently.

Could spend that day to draw more people in SMH lol

More people > more host > more chat > less suspend :D
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

17 days until SH's Birthday! Like everyone else, I want to see what SHAdmin does this year :)
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

Wow! That is REALLY close now! Hmm...I have been here for 59% of Smokyhosts 'existence. That's long for me.

@TheCryms: How did you find Smokyhosts so fast?
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Flipper3 wrote:Wow! That is REALLY close now! Hmm...I have been here for 59% of Smokyhosts 'existence. That's long for me.

@TheCryms: How did you find Smokyhosts so fast?
Well I was using Geocities a long time ago and then attempted to try for Lycos hosting but none of them offered hosting for php/mySql so I searched through and found a link to it from a forum which was a community of hosting sites attempting to get more members and I ran across smokyhosts then I made my presence offered suggestions to SHAdmin and within that year I think I hit Moderator status. Even last year I was sponsored as one of the most helpful members on the forums. I wish I would of found this website sooner but me and Lixas both joined the same day and so far we are the two most oldest members on the forums besides SHAdmin himself. I've tried to spread smokyhosts around many communities and some of this got a few members but it's not really easy to refer people who prefer paid hosting and think more space/bandwidth is better than a great host who takes pride in it's customers.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
caiba

Post by caiba »

I should be SmokyHosts just hold the forum to arrive here.