phpBB3

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Tails5

phpBB3

Post by Tails5 »

I think it would be good if SHAdmin could include an automatic installation for phpBB3 in the Fantistico, or in "Site Software Packages"

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Stam

Post by Stam »

Yeah i was thinking that alright even though my request for an account hasnt even been looked at yet so i thought it was there already, hope my account gets set up ive been waiting for ages.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Don't worry, it'll get approved soon, SHAdmin is very busy, that's why it hasn't been approved yet. Keep checking your inbox.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Thank you for the response to Stam Tails5.

All the scripts present in Fantastico get updated as and when the Fantastico team scripts them. I guess they have planned to write the automated installer script for PHPBB3 once its stable release comes out. So you'll have to wait till then
korsaan

Post by korsaan »

once its stable release comes out

Good point SHAdmin :), for latest news about phpBB3 >>>>

phpBB3 Release Candidate 7 (RC7) released
# www.H4W.com [SOON]
# Host For Web

# www.AlHjz.com
# Domain Name Registrations

# www.ArabTouch.com
# Arab Touch For Web Solutions
delivi

Post by delivi »

this is not a Stable release. You must wait for the final release to be stable. :)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Speaking of Release Candidates, I'm having trouble updating my Beta to RC, and they wont give me support for it :(
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Tails5 wrote:Speaking of Release Candidates, I'm having trouble updating my Beta to RC, and they wont give me support for it :(
:)
No point blaming them. They had warned everyone regarding such things
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yeah... but why release the Beta if users are going to be stuck with it forever? >_>
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Tails5 wrote:Yeah... but why release the Beta if users are going to be stuck with it forever? >_>
Well, betas are meant for only testing purpose.

Only thing being that google has changed the complete definition of beta releases when it offered beta release of its gmail to everybody instead of just the developers. Since then almost everyone is being offering beta releases.

Secondly, as you know phpBB is an open source script, means there might be atleast a few hundred people who might be modifying the script to their requirements. Beta releases are meant for such experts who know what they are doing!