Domains and DNS Servers?

All the members needing any kind of help for cpanel can discuss here.

Moderator: Lixas

philwill30

Domains and DNS Servers?

Post by philwill30 »

Ok, Im attempting to register the name thepageoftruth.com, but Im messing up somehow apparently. At ****.com it says that my domain name is Inactive, because"(Domain doesn't point to our DNS Servers) " Does anyone know how to do this? Please help? I already paid for the name, now i have to figure out how to use it!

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Well, usually the domain registrars after registering give that status if your domain hasnt still propagated throughout the internet. Once it has your domian name will show status as active. This may take well between 2hours to 48hours depending upon your ISPs register refreshing rate.

Once your domain becomes active, you can then go and change its nameservers to ns1.smokyhosts.com and ns2.smokyhosts.com and also dont forget to go to your directadmin>>domain administration and add your new domain out there. After doing all this again for the domain to resolve and for you to begin accessing your data using this domain name you may have to wait for 1hour to 24 hours depending upon your ISPs register refreshing rate.

Hope that helped.
sa3ude

Post by sa3ude »

thanks shadmin
this info help me too
philwill30

Post by philwill30 »

well, thats not exactly what I've been doing, and I almost have it resolved. But Now you type in "thepageoftruth.com", it says that the IP is being shared by to many Domains. Is there any particular IP that my site has that can be used to direct the name to the proper place?