SmokyHosts New Look

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

SHAdmin wrote:This stuff has now been fixed. You should now be able to view the forums homepage perfectly even with a 1024x768 resolution.

Also, i would like to share this tool http://www.markhorrell.com/tools/browser.html with everybody so that incase anyone else would like to check their sites under different resolution without changing the screen resolution of their computer screens, they can check it using this tool.

Much better! (Even though you only smushed it in. :P)

I will definitely use that tool then! ;)

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I've just tested it in all resolutions my computer supports, and it still doesnt work in 640x480 or 800x600, but most people have above that, so I wouldn't worry to much :) Great work!
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

That website isn't the greatest at providing the screen resolutions since it just opens up a smaller version of the browser. However, if you go above your screen resolution then it just shows up for you as your screen looks like, not the bigger screen.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Tails5 wrote:I've just tested it in all resolutions my computer supports, and it still doesnt work in 640x480 or 800x600, but most people have above that, so I wouldn't worry to much :) Great work!
Yup, i know that. But well, now-a-days almost 80% of the computers are on atleast 1024 x 768 resolution atleast. Hopefully people will realise that the websites now-a-days are becoming more graphics intensive and they will look nice in the best resolution that one can have!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Flipper3 wrote:That website isn't the greatest at providing the screen resolutions since it just opens up a smaller version of the browser. However, if you go above your screen resolution then it just shows up for you as your screen looks like, not the bigger screen.
Agreed.
But still it does the job needed :)
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Thanks although I didn't have this problem I know it would of been annoying if I had :) Keep up the good work.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

I find this template very bright, too bright for my liking while my monitor still facing the sun.

I'm not a fan of the QUOTE MULTI and QUICK gif.

This is my 2 cents. Hope no offense made. It would be great to choose other layout though :)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yeah, most people have higher resolutions, infact, without a 3rd party program or compatibility mode, my good computer refuses to go below 800x600 at a 16bit colour depth. And it recommends that I never go lower than 1024x768 at 32bit colour depth. And about thetarget's post, if you have other templates, please have an option in the UCP allowing people to choose the one they like.

P.S. Sorry if you don't like my spelling of colour, that's the British and Australian way, though Americans spell it color.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Thetarget have you ever decided to turn your monitor in such a way that you never get sun facing you or blaring off your screen? The use of blinds works like a charm.

I like this layout and if it is too bright maybe you could turn your brightness or contrast down on your monitor to lower the overall brightness. It seems that every time he gets a new layout there are always some people who dislike it, it isn't easy finding a theme that everyone likes so just let's wait this one out until SHAdmin decides to use a different one. He works really hard and if we take away from everything else just to get him to constantly change themes constantly then Smokyhosts won't be progressing.

I don't mean this to be offensive to anyone, just stating my opinion.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I totally agree with you. I also love this theme, it's the best yet.