SmokyHosts New Look

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Tails5 wrote:Perhaps I should have said that it "goes with" the forum, instead of matches... I suppose silver and white can't match no matter how well they look together.
Yeah but SHAdmin has done said he wouldn't be making any major changes to the theme until February if he decides to do so. He usually has a lot on his plate during these months anyway so I completely understand. I suppose all we could do is pick out possible themes and give him a head start on what he may decide to choose. So who all is with me?

If someone can locate a website which have VBulletin themes it would help us to start suggesting the next theme for smokyhosts. I will attempt to look for a site tomorrow but if someone finds one ahead of time please post it.

P.S. Remember the theme's have to be both professional and decent colored, try not to find something that is for more personal use and hard to actually read.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Xanavi

Post by Xanavi »

I love the look except for two things.

The problem is the glassy silver bar at the top. This theme looks to emulate a pad of paper which doesnt mix with the top bar which is very modern.

The other thing is the contact us graphic. Looks like it has nasty compression artifacts.

I love this theme though, please remove the top glass bar. Have a black backround up there with graphic buttons resembling writing implements or office equipment or similar items commonly on a desk.

The ideas for the theme are great considering a hosting operation is sort of like creation tools.
Surreal

Post by Surreal »

In all honesty, I believe this design seems very cluttered. It just doesn't appeal to me. I find it hard to navigate at times and the design is too big. It does have a nice look to it but it doesn't suit a hosting forum in my opinion. I have no idea what theme could replace this, but something that goes with the site theme could be nice or a darker theme (but not like the last one). Maybe something web 2.0 that is simple.

That's my opinion!
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Tails5 wrote:My gosh! I never expected to find this when I came back to SmokyHosts after the Maintanence time... It's just amazing. Great work SHAdmin!!!
Hehe, thanks...

BTW, i forgot to close this thread and open a new thread for this change (coz this thread was opened for some previous change that took place more than an year ago!). Maybe i should be more careful next time onwards ;)