SmokyHosts New Look

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Oh really? So when did we make the leap from Phpbb to vBulletin? I don't remember anything I just thought Smokyhosts always had vBulletin.

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I don't remember when we changed, but I had the same theme once, I saw it said at the bottom "Solaris theme for phpBB by (I forgot the author name)" so I downloaded it for my phpBB it was before phpBB3 was released.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Do you think that maybe we had a theme converted to VBulletin because I don't ever remember smokyhosts having phpbb, once I said it was and I was corrected because I was wrong and if we did switch how were the members switched over so gently and smoothly?

Off-Topic: Is phpbb3 good?
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I'm not sure... if it was converted I neve rheard anything about it. And vBulletin could have a migration wizard or something

Off-Topic: Yes, it's very good; though I can't compare it's administrative functions to vBulletin yet, because I've never had a vBulletin forum.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
TheCrymsonLegends

We may not of it was probably a converted them or something.

Off-Topic: Well from the moderation side of VBulletin I find it very easy to use and a ton more simple than phpbb2 was ever. You can "well I can" select up to 200 posts and mass deleted, lock, unlock, sticky, and it doesn't even matter which forum they are selected from. I can do the same with posts inside of a thread, gives the ability for mass moderation to take the stress load off of moderators. I know it's an addon but thank SHAdmin for it as it saved me a great deal of time.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Yeah, but all the buttons were the same in my phpBB2 installation (Can't say about the moderation or administration tools, never was one here :p)

Off-Topic: I really HAVE to try that one day, when I have $100(Is it 100?) spare. Also, phpBB3's moderation is kindof like that but not quite as good.
delivi

Post by delivi »

this new theme looks more professional and a lot neater than the previous one.
but the header doesnt match with the forum

it is difficult to find the logoff link, it should be placed in the top
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

The header matches perfectly... What browser are you using to see this?
TheCrymsonLegends

delivi wrote:this new theme looks more professional and a lot neater than the previous one.
but the header doesnt match with the forum

it is difficult to find the logoff link, it should be placed in the top
I agree the header is silver as it matched one of the earlier themes which we had before. The reason people say the header doesn't match the forums is because it is silver and the forums are white. Silver and white go together but since the website header wasn't made to match this particular forum it will just not have to match.

Also Delivi, why in the world would you want to log out? It is so much easier just to put the url in the browser and when I come here already be signed in so I can go to work lol. I'm just wondering.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

Perhaps I should have said that it "goes with" the forum, instead of matches... I suppose silver and white can't match no matter how well they look together.