Boost up activity

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
delivi

Post by delivi »

thanks a lot admin for considering our requests.

Still we lack some initiative that will make the memebers more ative in the forum.

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

The inactivity is normally caused by those who post just enough to keep their hosting as not many want to be entangled in the web of smokyhosts which I will admit I have been slacking in activity.

I do not believe this was suppose to end up a place where everyone becomes a family but just about 2 years ago we had this place booming with real conversations and nothing was about spam until more and more people came into the site then they spammed up our posts and gave us bad conversations. That was back when we had games which one of the moderators attempted to get knocked off because those games were fun and gave us something to do to make conversation. I do suggest we come up with some other ranks which give people a chance to become a part of the smokyhost family of helpful members.

Those great with coding could get a nice rank such as "HTML Master" and such. Those good with Flash could get ranks and so forth. Although the spam still needs to be worked on with those who want to make Smokyhosts a nice home reporting like it was intended on but everyone just spams back at the spammer causing a huge mess.

I do think the lack of initiative from the members is what caused me to resign my position as moderator because to catch all the spam possible I would had to of gone into every post and checked them which we did get a good deal of spammers removed but it was just way too much work.

I hope more of you members take initiative and help out the mod ( I still believe there is only one ) and SHAdmin keep these forums safe from spammers who just want to run up their activity.

Also try to stay away from repeat posts because they cause boredism of constantly running into the same things over and over, so I hope everyone brings something new to the table and remember keep posting your ideas because each on is considered and weighed depending on it's use to problems to ensure everything is good to go or not.

I don't think the layout of the forums have anything to do with it's activity level as I really liked the old layout but that's my opinion.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Thanuja

Post by Thanuja »

Nice activity .................................
Johnherpes

Boost up activity

Post by Johnherpes »

I am boggled by the lack of activity on here.

I really thought that with all that is going on there would be lots of participation and this would become a great, unbiased resourse.

Maybe people want biased information.........