Learning a language

Moderator: Lixas

iBye

Learning a language

Post by iBye »

Hello, I am think about trying to learn a language. Which one can you recommend? I pretty much no nothing, I am not even good on html. But I find php very interesting, do I need to learn html before learning php or can I use php without any html knowledge? Or what would you choose if you were in my pants. Please explain why I should choose the thing you recommend and not just replaying with "I recommend html"

Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

I can't give you a very detailed response for the simple fact that I don't know these very well, but in my case learning HTML and CSS have helped me in anything web related that I've done. HTML is the basics of webdesign, and even if you're not going to use it, its worth knowing in order to have a general know-how on the internet. CSS is now the standard and it deserves to be; its used everywhere and is essential in my opinion.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I would think you'd benefit from trying the object oriented Dream Maker (http://www.byond.com/download) and then try C# or C++, but if you want a web scripting language, I find HTML, CSS, PHP, and Perl very effective (PHP to work the best should have prior knowledge of HTML)
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
lzlan

Post by lzlan »

learing html before php or asp!!
iBye

Post by iBye »

I know some html, not fully though but enough. I am working on learning some basic php atm and I am going to rent some books about it. Pretty cool language and very usefull and effective.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Gyanu

Post by Gyanu »

lzlan wrote:learing html before php or asp!!
I think he wants to learn before PHP
caiba

Post by caiba »

I recommend PHP, because the PHP code quite is advanced, also compares the security.
thetarget

Post by thetarget »

Seriously, i really thought you are going to learn a real language... (haha)

Pretty sure, if you are not good in anything, learn everything you can.
PHP is good, but you can't do much without going in deep. You'll need some money to learn ASP.
JSP is easy, but finding a server to host it will be tricky.

So it's all up to you mate :)
Good luck, merry Christmas
.deimonic

Post by .deimonic »

I've always thought HTML as the basis of webdesign so I'm gonna say learn HTML first then add on PHP.
web_master

Post by web_master »

You need to start with html before moving on to more advanced coding like php perl etc.