Learning a language

Moderator: Lixas

iBye

Post by iBye »

Well, I tried some php but didnt really find it interesting, so I dropped the idea.

Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
sakhan

Post by sakhan »

i think u need basic html basic php basic photoshop and dreamweaver with dreamweaver you can even a good website with basics only
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

You don't need Photoshop to make a good website, all you need is HTML, and PHP for more advanced features.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I think this topic is dead but in any case!

It doesn't matter how much php you learn because with any php coding you will always use html. In fact html is your doorway into css which is also used with the themes of any php website.

You can build a full html website and implement some php into it little by little, but getting a php website with no html then that there is the tricky part.

All .tpl files you see in a Nuke Evo, PHP Nuke, or Nuke Platinum will have html tables and bits of code, you may even see echo "<htmlhere>"; lines in the actual php coding.

Once you get the basic html then move into the more advanced bits of html then you can slowly learn php. If you are a REALLY QUICK study you can actually look at pre-coded scripts and learn the functions of almost every bit of php.

What little bit of php I know has come from pre-coded scripts. I can grasp the basics of php but more advanced and complicated scripts are just too much for me to handle, so I would say start small or take a coding class lol. I wish you luck on your conquest.

Also after learning php then learning the mysql functions for databases and such would be the next step or try learning them together to advance your knowledge.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Gebbo

html

Post by Gebbo »

try learning html, psp, javascript, java :P
.............................:: Spirit of Fire ::..................................