How to keep your computer safe!

Write your "How To" regarding anything you are comfortable with and you feel it will help the forum members.

NOTE :: All threads started here will appear only after the approval from Administrator
Contractjack

How to keep your computer safe!

Post by Contractjack »

Well looking after your computer isnt hard, Simply requires a good anti virus an a anti spyware/firewall.

There are two types of programs, Paid an Free, with paid programs, like Norton Anti Virus 360, they offer more security comes with all in one, like the anti spyware, virus, an firewall all in one.

On the other hand, Free Programs dont have all the features BUT they still get the job done, a good free Anti Virus would be AVG Free Edition, a anti virus program i use myself, Comes with all updates, There is also AVG Spyware which keeps your computer safe from spyware.

Now your thinking, whats best for me?
- Well you decide, If your computer is a business computer which is with a network or company computer well then, I'd recommend something strong like Nortan 360 to protect your business.

And, If you have have a computer thats for home an personal use then something like norton 360 wouldnt really be needed unless your on your computer 24/7 downloading an going thru harmful sites, But if you dont want to pay thats fine, For Personal home users, you can use AVG Free Edition of a antivirus program which also you can download anti spyware for free off the website ! how good is that.

You might be saying, i got a windows firewall isnt that good enough?
no, its not doing the best it can, Lets say for example, Zone Alarm Pro, your using it an out of know where your computer get's attacked, Zone Alarm Pro will warn you an you have the option of *Stopping All Traffic* which will completly turn all traffic of an nothing will connect to your computer no more, then you can run scans an fix up, but with windows firewall thats already built in when you install windows, It cant stop traffic just like that, But your probaly saying that, your not going to pay money for a firewall program, Thats fine !, Because there is also a free version of Zone Alarm which does the same thing but doesnt give you all the benefits!.

Now to the adult contents.
If your computer is a personal computer for home use only which you have kids an children using the computer, i recommend using netnanny, to block off adult content sites an prevent your children to get access to them, Same goes with big companys an networks, but you can use your Network Admin to block adult content.

-- This How To, was made by Contractjack :)

http://www.emailcash.com.au/join.asp?refer=L75414

register above to get free cash just buy doing surveys, real money, real people, no jokes.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Your account has been credite 15 points for sharing this 'how to'.