Hosting a SmokyMail.com?

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I'd use smokymail, but you do have a point, alot of people use GMail, and Windows Live Mail.

Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Haz

Post by Haz »

smokeymail.com

could have a video interface revolutionary transforming the way we use email what i mean is like if you had a webcam you would be able to send a video confrence to another person so insted of text or images or attatchments you would be able to send recorded videos through your webcam

through email and smokeymail.com would have a built in player interface so you would be able to view the recoreded stream in a player window

i use gmail and its very kool clean fast interface the google chat is very kool

but if you could add a recorded video and a player so you would be able to play the video as an email that would be very kool

not sure if what i just said is understandable but thats what i think would be kool and would put gmail in compertition with smokeymail.com lol
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I get what you said, and I think that would be a great idea - but it would use system resources like there was no tommorow.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
jasondsouza

Post by jasondsouza »

Haz wrote:smokeymail.com

could have a video interface revolutionary transforming the way we use email what i mean is like if you had a webcam you would be able to send a video confrence to another person so insted of text or images or attatchments you would be able to send recorded videos through your webcam

through email and smokeymail.com would have a built in player interface so you would be able to view the recoreded stream in a player window

but if you could add a recorded video and a player so you would be able to play the video as an email that would be very kool

not sure if what i just said is understandable but thats what i think would be kool and would put gmail in compertition with smokeymail.com lol
giving such revolutionary idea is easy but implementing it is a real hard thing... and smokyhosts admin surely doesn't have an investment so huge to build one service like that... and the time.. moreover to store all emails we need something callled data farms where all are mail etc. actually get stored...just like farming data farms too require very good climatic conditions... etc.
--jasondsouza
ME working on a very new site. (Coming soon)
Come to my web Site
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Haz wrote:smokeymail.com

Hi Haz,
That was one great idea and i owe you one for sharing it on Smokyhosts forums.

Let me assure you that i will begin to think about working out such a feature and if it does get deployed, i sure will give the full credit of the same to you.

Would be great if you could PM me your personal email address along with your full name and any/all the programming languages you are comfortable with and maybe we can form a great team of professional coders for this project from the SmokyHosts forums!

As far as investment is concerned, it if we can put things together, i am sure there will be plenty of private funders who will be eager to put their money into such a project.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

That's an amazing idea! I had always thought that Skype was a great idea, but sweet at how you mixed Skype and email into one. :)

Also, props to SHAdmin for listening to these ideas and being interested in doing this one. ;)
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

You can be sure that when I can, I'll help fund it!
Xanavi

Post by Xanavi »

Offer email forwarding. No hosting, no storage, no problems competing. Offer unique email address hostnames for people to customize their email addresses.

The problem with gmail, yahoo mail and such is the cheap (possiblly fraudulent?) image that dudeguy42@yahoo.com portrays. Try this for size, JohnMasters@GlobalTech.com, WOW! There are also many many services that will not accept one of these free email addresses for registration.

Just forward the mail to whatever email service they prefer.