Hosting a SmokyMail.com?

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
Contractjack

Hosting a SmokyMail.com?

Post by Contractjack »

Like have a web based email like gmail/hotmail but instead its called SmokyMail sounds good i know i'd use it an you can have a paid email an a free email with different privialges like more space, remove ad's an stuff, Plus auto repliers an stuff.

Sounds good :D oh yeh an like since SH is like has there own virtaul hostíng space it would be a good idead :)

http://www.emailcash.com.au/join.asp?refer=L75414

register above to get free cash just buy doing surveys, real money, real people, no jokes.
damen57

Post by damen57 »

yeh that would be a good idea
iBye

Post by iBye »

Could work, yeah. iBye@smokymail.com :)
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
DaEliminator

Post by DaEliminator »

iBye wrote:Could work, yeah. iBye@smokymail.com :)
Lol iBye@smokeymail.com :P Decompression@themall.com lol
iBye

Post by iBye »

Haha, right.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

After watching the way yahoo and hotmail had a tough time remaining in competition after gmail was launched, it doesnt make sense to open any new webmail sites.

The only way still a person can think of for entering into the webmail market is if one seriously has a unique idea which is not present in any of the competitiors mail clients.
4ran

Post by 4ran »

I agreed with SHAdmin; if you do not have anything to add that is different from hotmail or yahoo or google or whatever... it does not make sense...
delivi

Post by delivi »

SHAdmin is right, since there are a plenty of webmail services around and major players like Gmail, Yahoo and hotmail, definitely starting up a new webmail service makes no sense unless you have a n unique idea that can challegenge all the exisitng webmail services.
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

SHAdmin has a great point there and I agree with him since I know that I would most likely not use this smokymail.com webmail. I like GMail since it's fast, secure, and reliable and it's hard to convince me (and other people) that your webmail can do just that or even more.
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

With Gmail you have archiving, messaging, tons of space, no major ads, free to use, constantly updated, growing space, comprehensive user interface, and invites.

Since Gmail was launched even hotmail had to almost completely disregard their paid mail services even though they still charge to be compatible with Outlook Express. While Gmail, Hotmail, and any website e-mail works with Outlook Express it doesn't look like hotmail has much more of a fighting chance. Only because hotmail works with msn messenger does it still remain in the race, I mean why check e-mail on another place when you have direct access from your messenger? Well Gmail now offers automatic e-mail sending with Google Toolbar, which means when you **** on an e-mail link your outlook express won't come up but it will open your Gmail account to send messages.

With all this technology these massive corporations have in order to continue to upgrade and beat out the competition it would be nearly impossible to compete with them. It was a wonderful idea, just could take forever to catch up to the others and I doubt it would even top those with enough money to back it's products.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!