Dual Boot

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
Tomf

Dual Boot

Post by Tomf »

I am getting a new 250gb hard drive and I want to create a partition on it to install win 98 on it, I already have XP and I was wondering if I would have to put 98 on the same drive as XP?

anish

Post by anish »

Yeh thats a good question. When your computer is booting from Windows 98 cd then there comes the window sayin partation hard drive. Then choose that option and use a separate drive to install Windows 98. Is easy enough....
Try it.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

No, it is not absolutely necesarry to put both of them on the same drive. The choice is completely yours. However windows always suggests one to install two operating systems on two different partitions on the harddrive.
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

Thankyou for that when I get the drive I'll tell you how it went
leeanvan

Post by leeanvan »

i have a similar question... how i can install linux in a windows partition ??. greetings :D
ANYKOF COMBO MOVIE
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

That I can help with but first, what build are you trying to installL
leeanvan

Post by leeanvan »

Tomf wrote:That I can help with but first, what build are you trying to installL
i can install Ubuntu the people say that ubuntu is the besf way of change to linux... greetings :D
ANYKOF COMBO MOVIE
virky

Post by virky »

you must both win xp and win 98 in a different partition. You can use pertition magic to make a partiton on the fly. For dual boot, you can use boot magic. Both of those software very easy to use and install...
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

leeanvan wrote:i can install Ubuntu the people say that ubuntu is the besf way of change to linux... greetings :D
What file system is your HD in? NTFS or FAT32?
leeanvan

Post by leeanvan »

ahhh is NTFS i have 2 partitions... Greetings and thx :D
ANYKOF COMBO MOVIE