Fedora Core 6

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
Arino

Fedora Core 6

Post by Arino »

What do you think of Fedoracore 6 if you've seen/tried it?

ami38701

Post by ami38701 »

i using. no error for setup any progam' untile now, i use it for webserver machine .

a good os...
skyeagle

Post by skyeagle »

why not try centos 5, a free version based on redhat enterprise version linux server 5, far more stable and far more accomplished than Fedora?
I have used centos 5 for half an year, and very happy with its compatibility, stability.
iBye

Post by iBye »

Could you tell what this is, please :)
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I havent tried linux personally, but I've herad RedHat is far better than Fedora.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Stam

Post by Stam »

Havent tried it yet actually.
KarnSeubsamran

Post by KarnSeubsamran »

skyeagle wrote:why not try centos 5, a free version based on redhat enterprise version linux server 5, far more stable and far more accomplished than Fedora?
I have used centos 5 for half an year, and very happy with its compatibility, stability.
command shell centos's as same as redhat.
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

I have used fedora core 6 before, and in my opinion it was really good. But i havent tried out redhat,..etc. yet but i when i was using fedora i nvr turned off my pc and my pc was working normal (faster than xp). But i think is up to you to try it for yourself to see which one u prefer.
And if u decide to use linux dont forget to install wine(to run windows programs).
^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

The computer I have with linux on it, wont even start the darn X server. So Im stuck at the command line on it.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti