I need help creating a multi-user login site

Moderator: Lixas

silent_slaughters

I need help creating a multi-user login site

Post by silent_slaughters »

can someone explain how to make a multi user login website, i would like to know how to make the files, or where to put the files.
I want to make a website in which people can sign up, then log in and view pages that they couldn't see before signing up and also post message's / create groups.
something like "myspace" would be, but for a much smaller group of people
please reply, or email/ msn me at, us_180@hotmail.com ,thank you

Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

You can easily just install a phpBB forum
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
silent_slaughters

Post by silent_slaughters »

its not a forum i want, it's like they have their individual profiles for anything they want, something like facebook, myspace, vampirefreaks, etc.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

silent_slaughters wrote:its not a forum i want, it's like they have their individual profiles for anything they want, something like facebook, myspace, vampirefreaks, etc.
You can always use some generic open source softwares which have members area (such as forums or some other scripts) and always disable the features which you dont want.

So the easiest things to do in your case, since you want to show individual profiles, will be to either code one on your own, or get one suitable script from hotscripts.com or get some forums script, and disable the forums stuff, while using only the profile with the plugins for facebook, myspace, vampirefreaks etc.
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

also if you are going to create you own web site you can use pre-made classes for various task, also for multi-user login ;)
This resource is my favourite: http://www.phpclasses.org/
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

I find that the pre-made ones are a little too hard to understand and that making your own is a lot easier to edit and do. ;)
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

but it takes much more time to do it, the securoty is not so high and other reasons why i mostly choose pre-made classes for my programming tasks
OnscrenSpider

Post by OnscrenSpider »

like subdreamer(cms) with a plug in?
take a view http://subdreamer.com/
-greetz-
Flipper3

Post by Flipper3 »

I tried helping him, but he only knows HTML, CSS, and Javascript so therefore I was unable to help him since he had no clue what I was saying. :(
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

try to suggest him some king of "content mamagement system"
http://www.opensourcecms.com/ here you can test most of CMS'es