Windows 98

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

Sry i didn read your 2nd post about the compatibility mode, anyway if that doesnt work u can always use magic to divide your hard disc in 2 and u can change the format to whatever u want (Like from fat32 to NTFS). And after that u can install win. 98 on the format u created.

^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
forex_199

Post by forex_199 »

Win 98 is old now, use XP
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

If Home is giving you problems, get Win XP Pro, install Service Pack 2, and download Microsoft Virtual Machine and install Windows 98 in Virtual Machine
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

Tails5 wrote:If Home is giving you problems, get Win XP Pro, install Service Pack 2, and download Microsoft Virtual Machine and install Windows 98 in Virtual Machine
A few things, One is I can't afford Pro
Two. prefer to dual boot,
My main question is can I resize a Fat32 partition without losing the data
Gizza

Post by Gizza »

Windows 98 sucks more then Vista, Use Linux or XP
Alibra

Post by Alibra »

I think Virtual Machine is a better way to use Win 98, VM is freed and the OS on VM just a file, you didn't need a new partition, just a free space large enough.

PM: FAT32 didn't support a file larger than 4GB
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

I just need someone to tell me can I resize a fat32 partition without losing any data.
sakhan

Post by sakhan »

really it's time to switch on to win xp or vista
mburnz

Post by mburnz »

Tomf wrote:I just need someone to tell me can I resize a fat32 partition without losing any data.
I've never seen it done. 'warning you will lose all data' means what it says.

You? mentioned DOS games. Try running Dosbox. I'm using it under XP, playing all sorts of ancient games. Once I figured out how to set up auto mounting (of drives etc) it was simple to use. If I still had xtree I'd be flying even higher.

See the site:
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

mike
Tomf

Post by Tomf »

I already use dosbox but thanks for the idea, I guess I'll have to stick with it for now