You use any system

Share your knowledge, tips and tricks of your favorite Opearting System
sazabi

Post by sazabi »

I am using Win XP and Win Server :)
No reason to change to Vista at this moment

garfunkel

Post by garfunkel »

thermal wrote:Windows OSes are the best so far, although they are expensive. I tried a few variants of Linux but generally dissatisfied with hardware compatibility, ease of use, software availability among other things.
Well, this depends on the user.

For a start, linux spanks windows in hardware compatibility, believe it or not, Linux is capable of running on virtually any hardware, from a toaster to a super computer. It supports more devices on the kernel layer then any other OS in the world, and has more drivers available then any other OS. it also has by far, the best plug and play support.

For me, Linux is much easier to use then windows, simple innovation is what i like and linux delivers. I would much rather use a linux system then a windows system for any work, it gives me less headaches and there are less issues for me to fix.

Application availability on Linux is also stronger then on windows. You may not realize this as you are a dedicated windows user, you can't really make a judgment that quickly. There are actually more programmers working on Linux applications then there are on windows. You need to use linux for an extended period of time to truly appreciate it.

But, it is all about choice.
ag3nt

Post by ag3nt »

I'm using windows xp professional edition in my two pc.I used win98 before.Winxp is great system i have ever seen.
New And Crazy Member Of SmokyHosts Community

By Ag3nt
Alibra

Post by Alibra »

I'm using Windows Server 2003,and now I'm testing Windows Server 2008, it seems to be more better
anish

Post by anish »

i am using Windows XP SP2.
sakhan

Post by sakhan »

i use win98 and window 2000 both are just fine
wmmagazine

Post by wmmagazine »

I'm a mac user, but not because I'm afraid of virusses. Because there's something called anti-virus. But because I'm a designer and for a designer Osx is ten times better then windows
daddygotech

Post by daddygotech »

I thought Mac was weak in security, likewise the latest Windows' Safari? Hmm, i don't really think that Mac is really for designers. (-Designers are those who create ideas, so probably designers go Open Source)
anish

Post by anish »

Me too Xp. It provides the cool security and also any program supports XP.
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

I use xp for now works fine like it alot better then nay mac os but im gonna upgrade to vista..i dont get why everyone thinks vista sucks so much my freinds got it on his laptop and it works fine runs alot fast and more smoothly then xp im just waiting for my video editing software company to make a patch to make it compatible with vista.