.htaccess / commerce script trouble

Moderator: Lixas

monk

.htaccess / commerce script trouble

Post by monk »

hey people

has anyone else tried to install os-commerce from fantastico in cpanel and have trouble getting anything to work? i install it just as i would any other fantastico script but when i go to the site first i get an error message:

php registers_globals, and i'm told to edit php.ini or .htaccess.... so i edited the file and removed the hashes ( # ) uploaded the file, reload the page and now i dont get any error. instead, my site just continues loading without ever showing anything.

anyone? ideas?

i have then tried to install another ecommerce script and again, no luck, same error.

thanks for any help.

peace.
m

PS i tried repeatedly to post this in the cpanel help forum and it wasnt going through either. and some **** site is added on to the end of my post. shadmin?

http://monk.thesmokylounge.com ... might be a bit too psychedelic for you.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Due to security issues, register_globals is off on the server.

If you want to continue using global variables, you will need to create a .htaccess file in your site's main directory (or the main directory of your site that contains oscommerce scripts). Your .htaccess file should contain the following line:

php_flag register_globals on

That should solve the problem.
m3t4l

Post by m3t4l »

most hopst do not have register_globals on as it is a security risk to other sites if the file u install can b exploited to gain acess
m3t4l.org
metal
hacking a computer near u!!!!!
monk

Post by monk »

can anyone with an ecommerce aaplication like oscommerce please paste here for me how they have their .htaccess written. i have tried the suggestion of inserting the php_flag register_globals on line into my file but no sucess still.

thx.
m
http://monk.thesmokylounge.com ... might be a bit too psychedelic for you.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

monk wrote:can anyone with an ecommerce aaplication like oscommerce please paste here for me how they have their .htaccess written. i have tried the suggestion of inserting the php_flag register_globals on line into my file but no sucess still.

thx.
m
You just need to insert this one line in your .htaccess file and everything should work fine ....
php_flag register_globals on
If you still face problems, try to do it on a fresh installation (so that any current modification that you have done as you have stated in your first post doesnt clash with this modification of .htaccess file).
Gyanu

Post by Gyanu »

oh itis infornative