Google Talk for Mobile

Discuss anything about your own or your favorite mobile/cell phone.
stephin

Google Talk for Mobile

Post by stephin »

In a previous post, I mentioned about orkutting on mobile. Though it is quite handy in checking your scrapbook, still scrapping is a tedious job. And those who want a seamless chatting with your friends here is an application for mobile called GoTalkMobile, which is an IM client to send/receive Google Talk or Jabber instant messages.

How to Install?
All you need to run this application is:-

a J2ME-enabled mobile phone (List of supported handsets) and
an active GPRS internet connection
Now the application can be installed in two ways:-

1. Go to the WAP site http://wap.gotalkmobile.com/ on you phone and **** the install link there from the main page (detailed information on how to install).

2. Download the application to your PC (by choosing your phone model) and then then install it on your phone.

Some features:-
The application is just 63 kb in size.
Its free (current version 2.1.6 is in pre-beta edition). Though the site says, the beta versions are free, I just hope that they keep the final version free too.
Seamless chatting with your contacts either they are on Google Talk on PC or on GoTalkMobile.
Integration with GMail notifies of any new messages in inbox. (other detailed features)
Now, To invite on chat while orkutting on mobile:-
add
javascript:****.getElementById('inviteToChat').submit();
as bookmark and open it on the profile page of your friend.

So, what are you waiting for? Talk to me!

Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

Does anyone actually use google talk...just wondering everyone i know uses AIM and a handful use MSN Live as a secondary chat client..I had never even heard of jabber until phpbb3 incorporated it into its system.
Zero4749

Post by Zero4749 »

I dont really like using google talk becuase not many people uses it at all. I perfer using Aim, MSN and Yahoo.
habbotroy

Post by habbotroy »

Yea mi friend has it he said that he noes only 2 people on it lol wats da point ?
TROY
sa3ude

Post by sa3ude »

well the most thing i like on google talk that it never cut out voice talking
if you have some network problems it just low the voice, but never cut it
so you always hear who you talking too :D
and i think thats a wonderful thing, it doesn't cut all the way, you keep hearing but with low voice and thats still cool though ;)
noobian

Post by noobian »

the only place that i really see it used a lot is at my school, where AIM/MSN are blocked, so thats the only way people can chat online
rupertb

Post by rupertb »

I really wouldn'r care if google talk was added onto my phone. Nobody uses it so I'll just stick to AIM instead.
so...in world war 2..the germans used tanks..and...they were...very important and...they um well they had very hmm i dunno well i had hmm ehh kinda good accuracy

-Rupert Brightener
forex_199

Post by forex_199 »

I dont really like using google talk becuase not many people uses it at all. I perfer using Aim, MSN and Yahoo.
Tails5

Post by Tails5 »

I have a Google Talk account, but I never use it because noone I know has it.
Webmaster Yoda: You must confront the cPanel. Then, and only then, a webmaster will you be.
Julius Caesar: Veni, vidi, posti