Which OPen Source CMS u like

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
karthikeyan

Which OPen Source CMS u like

Post by karthikeyan »

I like Open Source CMS e107

It has better Features and easy upgrade and easy connectivity to database ..

etc.. so i like e107

It can be downloaded from http://www.e107.org

icedicicle

Post by icedicicle »

I've tried joomla, mambo, e107 and drupal and I would have to say that drupal is the most featured packed and the most advanced one. Althought e107 is not too bad either. Joomla and mambo are way to noobish for my taste. The only problem it has is its pathetic forum and trying to integrate it together with phpbb or SMF is a pain in the arse!
monk

Post by monk »

i'm currently testing e107 thanks for the link... the best ive found so far would probably have to be drupal too.

but i also came across lately some XML-based CMS systems and i'm probably going to be testing them out soon too.

peace.
m
http://monk.thesmokylounge.com ... might be a bit too psychedelic for you.
Knox

Post by Knox »

i just use wordpress..
it can be used as cms too..
other than that joomla is also good :)
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

I like joomla easy to use and looks nice. It may be noobish but hey most of my friends are noobs when it comes to computer stuff and the easier a site is to sue the better. Also intergrates with smf and phpbb very well.
Paolo1993

Post by Paolo1993 »

iive use joomla and mambo and i hate them, i would just integrate a .php webpage into the forum
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

Paolo1993 wrote:iive use joomla and mambo and i hate them, i would just integrate a .php webpage into the forum
well you seem more comfortable doing stuff like that I'm not very good with coding yet and I dont have the time right now etiher finals and midterms :( but hey whatever works for you works
Contractjack

Post by Contractjack »

PHP-Nuke is pretty good, with a Phpbb forum implamented with it and heaps of features such as downloads, Advertising and Just google.com it up an have a look for your self.

And if not maybe "Nuke Evolution" Looks very good and high tech, With alot of good features and theres great themes out there.

If your looking for something simple maybe, I recommend Xoops, Thats pretty simple to use, If you have a hosting account with SmokyHost's i suggest you check your cPanel for Content Management theres a few good ones there but for Nuke Evolution you'll have to download files then re-upload an chmod and etc.

But stick to something simple like Xoops or Php-nuke, but dont have to, You can use what ever suits you best an what sounds better/easier for you to use.
http://www.emailcash.com.au/join.asp?refer=L75414

register above to get free cash just buy doing surveys, real money, real people, no jokes.
lostinthebeat

Post by lostinthebeat »

I love Joomla :)
shawn

Post by shawn »

Thank for your link.I go to download first.