Starting a website...

Any problem with HTML can be discussed here.
hneyksli

Starting a website...

Post by hneyksli »

I recently purcahsed a new domain name, but this time I want to design it myself. I can make decent graphics and images, but it is the whole stringing them together... Would it be possible to use a livejournal (CSS) layout and use that on a .com website? Would I need a specific editing program? Any help would be appreciated... :)

::
monk

Post by monk »

that would be easy i would think... if you have ur domain and the server it is hosted on has support for php and mysql then you can set up your own neat little livejournal. your graphics would be easy to use on the site's theme.

so, basically... u must set up a CMS (content management system) on your site. this is the program usually written in PHP that controls your whole feel to your website. thru this program you can update your website without having to code it everytime. ok? then its just a matter of making cool graphics, the right size and your up and running.....

uhm? did that help?

peace.
m
http://monk.thesmokylounge.com ... might be a bit too psychedelic for you.
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

monk wrote: so, basically... u must set up a CMS (content management system) on your site. this is the program usually written in PHP that controls your whole feel to your website. thru this program you can update your website without having to code it everytime. ok? then its just a matter of making cool graphics, the right size and your up and running.....

m
I think he means can he use a live journal style to make a normal html website with out using a cms of any kind
Knox

Post by Knox »

firstly..if u have full control of a domain..
you can do anything to it..
so all u have to do is to change the nameserver of the domain
and point it to whatever website you're hosted on..
raina

Post by raina »

use Macromedia Dreamweaver to design webpages...
cmj-php

Post by cmj-php »

Remember that Dreamweaver is expensive software and you really should think before investing the amount of money required to buy Dreamweaver. If you can get away with using a free web design program such as Nvu then I would advise doing so.