Php-nuke/phpbb

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

delivi wrote:you are legally allowed to use phpbb3 as it is not open to public and still in beta.

But you can try it for testing and development.
its not illegal to use it in live envirorment just not smart to do unless your ready to have to redo your forum when something breaks

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I got a website for you if you decide to use PHP-Nuke.

http://www.nuke-evolution.com They constantly update their cms and as they do they update phpbb along with it to provide a steady and secure system. Nuke Sentinal also comes with it which offers hack alert and other things. They offer many security fixes on their forums as soon as they are made aware so even if the latest one is unsecure a few code changes can be your best friend.

The only problem is when you update if you have installed any mods or addons after the initial install you may have to re-install your addons. They usually offer code changes which you can manually update if the case you have installed other addons. It's a great system, nice portal, very few flaws, deffinately worth a shot.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
dexter

Post by dexter »

i think phpbb is the best...
iBye

Post by iBye »

phpBB is pretty safe and friendly, im am using it atm.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
Saromus

Post by Saromus »

Elias wrote:Phpnuke is very insecure. The portal template for phpbb is kinda cool. phpbb has a better security record than phpnuke.
yea. I like PHPBB's Security System Plus the backups.