Php-nuke/phpbb

Any problem with PHP can be disscused here
Jonxmartini

Php-nuke/phpbb

Post by Jonxmartini »

Im using php nuke for my site but the phpbb forum that comes with it is not up to date will it mess things up if i update or will it still work right?

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

It will not mess things up, but incase the next versions of phpbb have had some security fixes and they are not done, then your forums becomes vulnerable to hack attacks.
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

Ok thank you i decided i was going to use mambo anyway i here its not hard to make phpbb intergrate with it and i also here that some mods would mess up the intergration in phpnuke with phpbb.
annamarie

Post by annamarie »

why u dont try addon portal from phpbb, so u dont need lot of different script
Elias

Post by Elias »

Phpnuke is very insecure. The portal template for phpbb is kinda cool. phpbb has a better security record than phpnuke.
locust

Post by locust »

if you don't have much on your website i would not worry about it
but if you do have sensative data i agree with the posts above you should use the other.
but integration wise you should not have a problem as they use a very similar database.
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

i switched to mambo plus (mambo with intergrated database and functions with phpb) now i just have to pray it still works when i upgrade to phpbb3...im expecting a couple of weeks of code writing :( and im a tad noobish so thats gonna be horible
delivi

Post by delivi »

you are legally allowed to use phpbb3 as it is not open to public and still in beta.

But you can try it for testing and development.
mfrna

Post by mfrna »

so,what if I'm already using a phpnuke with phpbb ,how can I patch it?
delivi

Post by delivi »

you've to get the latest release of phpNuke or the phpBB forum update from the phpBB site and upload it to the forum folder inside the phpNuke folder and follow the instructions to upgrade your phpBB forum.