Phpbb3

Talk, introduce or announce any new emerging technologies that have excited you.
Mizo

Post by Mizo »

the best thing at forums progz like ib or vb not free but i like phpbb coz its
free and open source and many sites give it support . soon we will see the new
version for phpbb3 and test it i hope its be cool one

inse

Post by inse »

i tried the demo of php3 and fount it pretty impressive... i will wait untill it leaves beta however.
Contractjack

Post by Contractjack »

Has the PhpBB full release come out yet? Ive been waiting for ages, When i used the Beta3 it was so good that i didnt want to even go back to using the old v2.2 i was like addicted to it, Its looks impressive i cant wait till the full release but i think theres alot of bugs thats why there taking there time releasing it.
http://www.emailcash.com.au/join.asp?refer=L75414

register above to get free cash just buy doing surveys, real money, real people, no jokes.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

phpBB3 beta 5 was released on the 28th of this month, and as quoted by the authors/developers, it contains an upgrade path from version 2.x to 3 and that hopefully next version will be the RC version if no more security bugs are reported.

Guess now they are moving quite fast, may not take long before phpBB3 will be released to take over the complete Open Source forums market.
delivi

Post by delivi »

that is a great news, I'm presently sick of phpbb 2 as it dosent suppor multi categories and more functions that are available in other forum packages.

But there are several mods for phpbb that will add more functionality, but they are not automatically installed, we've to edit each and every single file involved manually. This is a big time consuming process.

I've tried phpbb3 beta 4 this looks more promising with most of the features that comercial forum software offers. I'm eagerly waiting for the final release of phpbb3.
shawn

Post by shawn »

I will try it too.
Thank for your information.
Jonxmartini

Post by Jonxmartini »

The devs for phpbb must be asleep or something the bug tracker shows a curent bug count of 132 while that is still a small number compared to every other beta release no bugs have been fixed for over a week or so now. Some say this is good it means they are getting everything ready for rc1 but i personally think it just means longer until rc1 will be ready to be released.
iBye

Post by iBye »

I will, or atleast try it. But i will wait until they release the full version, i hate Beta with bugs etc.
Tired of Newbies asking Questions? Tell them www.UseGoogleFFS.com
delivi

Post by delivi »

I'm eagerly awaitng for the final release of phpBB 3. It is the only free forum that provides the features of a paid forum package like IPB.
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

I have loved phpBB ever since i heard about it (way back a ways) and i jsut can't wait for it to come out! i am already seeing people creating mods and theems for it and it just amazes me on how much the Internet relys on phpBB... anyway, i just truly are excited to get it once it comes out!

Peace,
Chief :)
i am no longer doing: Village Productions...
it will be called: Point Blank Studios

my projects:
  • Main Website for PBS
  • Point Blank Radio (my online Rock Station)
  • Stargate: Extinction (my RPG Game)
  • I will do certain requests for web design, graphic design and maybe more... just ask!