why dont we get to know each other??

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
squ1dge

Post by squ1dge »

Name: Hayley
Live: UK

Kaky

Post by Kaky »

Name : Karlo (Karl - the international version)
Place : CROATIA , Rijeka
Interests : web design , forum administration , linux , downhill/freeriding bikes , my friends

Sry for being away from the forums :oops:

A funny picture -------> me , myself and i (too much for this world)
Rapboy

Post by Rapboy »

Name: Dennis
Interest: playing games and hangin out with friends
^ Total Chaos.
Hoping to reach 1,000 post one day on SH
TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

Well, this is to get to know one another right? So let's give a story about each other, of course each one won't be the same and some people won't go as far as other people but how bout a brief story on me during my time here at smokyhosts.

I started 16 Feb 2005, only 2 months after the original site had began. I has just gotten out of training for the military and was set to be discharged. I spent a month at my cousins house after that then started my website adventures. That year was a pretty decent year, I got my own home and was going to learn a lot about life and how crappy it really is. I spent a couple months on here and smokyhosts was to switch servers, well I didn't back up my stuff and ended up losing everything ( my fault ). I kept trying to build sites and all I really used my hosting for was to give me something to do while I wasn't working.

I started down in a small place called Coal Dale before moving to Princeton, WV which I gained a faster connection to allow me to do more.

August 2005 I met my ex-gf and well it was a blast while it lasted, she ended up pregnant and her mother disapproved of me and told me to hit the road. There was a lot of stuff happening and I can't really properly explain it without offending people so, I've stopped saying. Well lets just say I got into some trouble with the law got put in jail for a night, got a restraining order slapped against me and almost got stuck with 60 counts of **** assault in the 3rd degree. My life was officially hell but the worst part about all of it is I got out of all the legal nonsense due to me not actually breaking any law but I lost the one person who I fell in love with.

Thats why I no longer post much anymore, I did from Feb to June but once everything stopped I gave up on trying to do anything anymore. So to be frank I will probably stop posting on smokyhosts all together within 2 - 3 months but for now I am just finding something to do.

But there you know a little about me and don't say "oh sorry man" or "wish I could help" I don't like sympathy which I always get for some reason, I am doing fine just miserable as hell. If anyone was previously offended by me it was due to what I have posted of going through. Yes I may of taken it out on some people but I hate 2 types of internet people "The geeks who act all big and bad behind a monitor" and "people who spam nonsense, especially on my posts" So you probably deserved it. But I'm off and hope some of you younger people live smarter and don't screw up in a lot of ways that I have.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
suni

Post by suni »

wow quite a story :D I started developing sites when I was in college in 97. That was the first time I had ever been introduced to website design and my love for it just took off from there. I dabbled in having my own little niche on the net for a while about 2 years ago but have since just been doing outsourced work for people that I know. Lot of fun for me, too, since I keep a number of blogs for which I design skins. Website design and digital art have helped me through a lot of things mentally..as it gives me something to keep my mind off things like my grandmother's death, other friends who have passed on, my child's temper tantrums and my own.
Sunita
Tails5

Re: why dont we get to know each other??

Post by Tails5 »

suni wrote:with the number of people that are part of this board, i think it's sad that we don't post more. seriously, smokyhosts has always felt like a family to me even though i had to leave it for a while. so lets start with the basics!!!

name: suni
age *or age group*: between 25-30
Name: Francisco Frost
hossamkiwan

Post by hossamkiwan »

UK US Canada ..
No one from Here
LOL
I am Hossam From Egypt
Computer Eng.
I am 23.

I like ur posts here , I feel I got many friends everywhere.

Best greatings for u all.
Surreal

Post by Surreal »

Name: Alex Aitken
age *or age group*: A teenager 15-19 (I'm 17)
Status: Single at the moment, why would I be anything else.
Website: Okay, my newly hosted website http://www.uigame.info
CanonX

Post by CanonX »

name:Garrett
age *or age group*: 20
Failure Is Not An Option
Envoxia

Long List

Post by Envoxia »

While there are alot of members at smokyhosts.com, there aren't many who are active. I think that the administrator should go through and clear out anyone who has been a member for a period of time and hasn't posted or those who haven't posted in 6 months or more. There's no point in having an extended member's list if half of that list doesn't even participate in discussions.

Name: Theresa