GIMP Sig Making for Intermediate Sigs

Everybody can post tutorials, tips, tricks, and request for tutorials help in this place
eselooo

GIMP Sig Making for Intermediate Sigs

Post by eselooo »

Welcome to the Pro stage of the GIMP sig making tutorial. I know the intermediate stage sucked, becuase that stage was just learning how to use brushes. This part you will learn how to use brushes and renders to create different stuff and moving around layers, as well as how to make a border. We aren't using a certain set of brushes or renders in this sig.

Please note that this image gets very big when being worked with and if your PC is anything like mine it will decide to be **** and go slow. Just bear with it Wink

Also note:I tried really crapily to apply some PS technique to GIMP and i think i used a horrible brush. Yours will hopefully look better Smile

Stage:Pro

1)Create your new image, i'm going to use 350x120. Fill it with black, and open up your render as well. (this tut assumes that your render is already cut out)

2)Find a nice abstract/grunge brush, and brushe your black image in white. Make sure you don't fill the image with your brushing. You should come out with something like this (it's not gonna look exactly like that):
3)Get your render and paste and align it in your sig. Paste your render in again. Now go into the layers window, **** on your pasted layer, and go down and hit the new layer button. This should make your pasted layer become a transparent layer, which is what we want. Scale the layer to a width of 3500 and **** the height so it adjusts. It should now be freaking huge. Move it around so that it covers the whole sig, with no space below showing. Also make sure that it's got a good amount of color.

4)With the enlarged layer still selected, use a bunch of blurs to get it all blury. It doesnt really matter which blurs you use, as long as it is blured a mediocre amount. Here is what mine looks like, try to make it something like that:
5)Now create a copy of your backround. This should be the brushed layer. Move your enlarged/blured render under that copy, then set the copyed layer's mode to something other than normal. Play around with the modes until you get what you want. Something like this:
es it looks like crap.

6)Now for the text. Grab your eyedropper tool. Select one of the majority colors and close the box that comes up. This sets that color to primary. Now put in your text, and it should be that color. Set your text where you want it.

7)Again make sure your majority color or whatever color you want your border to be is set on primary. Now select your backround copy, go into your image, Select>All. Edit>Stroke Selection> in this window make the width 3 pixels. Your border should now be on the image (once you hit ok).
Save it as what you want it, and then use it. I really don't like what i made from here, i tried to apply some photoshop techniques to GIMP, and it didnt work out to well. Hopefully your's comes out better Wink. Keep experimenting and have fun.
Please show me the results!

Nothing to be proudly!
destiny

Post by destiny »

haha nice
i really like when they put pictures to their tutorials..
hossamkiwan

Post by hossamkiwan »

thnx i got the information for future use :)