What's the best CMS (Content Management System) ?

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
doddy

What's the best CMS (Content Management System) ?

Post by doddy »

I'm used XOOPS. I think its the best with more modules, more themes, great support, user friendly and easy design :wink:

SnT2k

Post by SnT2k »

I have used XOOPS before and well, it's nice but it's a bit un-coordinated. Mambo is another option but its user management lacks some features. As for others like PHP-Nuke, e107 etc., the themes all look the same <_<. I still have to try exponent out: http://www.exponentcms.org

So far, I think the best CMS out there is WebGUI however, it's hard to install <_<
Lisk

Post by Lisk »

None. I use my java/html knowlege :) #blaba links and 'expand' javascripts

Suitable for low ammount of content tho, but quite nice :)
trial

Post by trial »

html based site is best indexing with searchers :!: , so i don't like cms,
but i used e107 - i dont like it
i used mambo - i dont like it :?
Copyright ? trial in 2005
Lixas

Post by Lixas »

I think mambo is good, but when i was "playing" with it, i just can NOT install new mods, themes and so on.... something was wrong. Xoops is quite good, but i didnt find how to install now mods directly from administration page, i can only install ne mods/themes/languages directly- unzip into local folder and upload to server.
Now i'll try **** cms, and if this cms would not fit for me, i'll create my on one :D (simple, but enought for me). It will have downloads, news, private messaging and forum, maybe some other features :D
KBOOM

Post by KBOOM »

TheCrymsonLegends

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I'm not sure about those others, but for now I like Php-Nuke Platnium 7.6.0.

Features:
Many many modules.
500% More Features than any other Php-Nuke.
Easy Mod Installation. I installed an Mp3 Player, TeamSpeak Module, Some minor forum add-ons a Movie Player. And some others.
A great layout with many Themes available for download.

The only problem is if the creators of certain things left out small bits of ? or { or > then you could be faced with having to fix these problems manually. http://thecrymsonlegends.smokyhosts.com If your lookin for a preveiw use Temp as Username and Temp1 as password. Dont' post with Temp on anything because it's just a Username people can just check out my site. With the theme I have I had to do some manual configuration because they left out some minor things. But they have a Forum you can use, Downloads Section, Private Messaging, Calendar, and so much more. It's great and you can download it at http://www.techgfx.com If anyone uses this, and encounters a problem with installation, then I can help, anything else use the support at TechGFx. :)
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
korsaan

Post by korsaan »

I'm using java/html/php

And use ready scripts ;)
neutron189

Post by neutron189 »

I like php nuke because it is a powerful yet easy to use system
mohammed

Post by mohammed »

I use mambo in its latest edition ( 4.5.3) , and it's very stable , nice and easy to deal with

If you're a beginner , you can use it easily to build your dreams website

just PM me or any mambo fan over there if you need some help with mambo

cheers