Help me Please!!!

General discussion regarding computers can be carried out here.
darkdesi

Help me Please!!!

Post by darkdesi »

Hi to everybody, Well, look this is my problem, My Computer Monitor is an Acer, and my Video card is an Ati Radeon X 300 SE, Sometimes when i Turn on my Computer my MONITOR Stills Off, Well it appears a Message Saying "NO SIGNAL" So i must Restar my PC 1 or 2 Times and Then my MONITOR Turns On. i Look at The BIOS in the Video Configuration and in the Second Option it appears PCI,On board (or something like that) and PCI-E, i Choosed PCI-E But It Doens't Work :( So Please can Anybody Help Me :S

elicoten

Post by elicoten »

Could be faulty graphics card, faulty power supply. Is the computer powering on properly and only the monitor stays off, or when the monitor stays off is it actually because the computer itself is off?

The way to test is to try another monitor and see what happens. There are a lot of possiblilites. Also worth checking is if you do/don't hear any usual/unusual beeping noises. When the monitor does come on, do you see any unusual message at all? Does the computer operate normally once you have got it started?