HTML Request

Any problem with HTML can be discussed here.
TheCrymsonLegends

HTML Request

Post by TheCrymsonLegends »

I need someone who knows HTML very very very well, to PM Me and be ready to add me to MSN. I am creating a help site for Runescape and need a few basic layout pages made. You won't be handling any major nasty work just the basic layout. I do not know just yet how I want to work these pages but I need someone who knows how to add a code to keep people from Right **** or Selecting and Copying information from the pages. If someone thinks they are up to the challenge I could possible arrange something special, no guarentees but I do need someone who knows a GREAT DEAL of HTML. Thank you, looking forward to working with whomever has some free time to help an Assistant Admin :D:D:D.. I love throwing that rank around it's fun!

Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Freedom Fighter

Post by Freedom Fighter »

Well I dont know Html that much but I can forward you to a program I have been using insted of writing it. That program is Web Page Maker and you can do alot of things with it. Personaly Html coding will be more resourcefull but this is a good program I would recomend.

http://www.webpage-maker.com/
TheCrymsonLegends

I've tried HTML programs before but nothing is as good as someone who knows what they are doing lol.. I will try it out but anyone who is experianced very well with HTML still PM me.. Thank you.
Reached 5000 Credits! The highest of any member on Smokyhosts! New milestone for Me!
Freedom Fighter

Ill foward my friend to your email asap. He is Extreamly good.
TheCrymsonLegends

I appritiate it, this program seems pretty nice but just doesn't seem to fit the job. It might help with a basic layout and someone more experianced can alter it a bit. I know alot of HTML but just not enough to do what I am wanting to do lol.
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

I know basic HTML - probably not enough for what you want, but I do know that it is almost impossible to prevent people from Right ****/Selecting/Copying information from websites.

There is a thread about this somewhere in the Javascript section and it explains all the possible problems. One of these problems is that every browser has a different method of disabling right ****, and firefox has a specific option to turn off Javascripts that block right ****.

Of course whatever you do won't stop someone reading the source code, as most browsers have this on their edit or view menu anyway.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful, but I hope this makes some sense.
TheCrymsonLegends

Makes alot of since thats why I don't want to use Javascript, but I may end up having to do so. The reason for this is I will be using information that I would want people to read but not steal from my website. I will be putting in a heck of alot of work into this site and if someone steals my work, I will be very very mad lol.
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

Unforunately if you want to protect all your work, I don't think thats the best way to do it. Whatever way you use to protect it will be extremely difficult. Someone could just make a screenshot and then use OCR do copy it. Unfortunately to be 100% sure you would need to come up with a login system or some kind of stronger security.

Nowadays it is almost impossible to secure something from being copied on the internet.
Freedom Fighter

THere is a way to do it i have seen it. And there is a way to stop the screenshot stuff. forinstance there is a program that can turn your picture into a avi file where you see the picture but it is in a movie screen. using this will give the screenshot a black picture insted of your picture. This can also stop right ****. Im not to sure what it is called you will just have to google it.
TheCrymsonLegends

I don't care about screenshots, I just don't want someone to copy all of my text off my website. And for what I am doing this may get very very complicated if I turn everything into .avi format. Since everything will be HTML. Thank you.