IE7 BETA

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
elicoten

IE7 BETA

Post by elicoten »

I have been testing IE7 BETA for a while. Its nice to see MS have finally caught up with every other major browser as far as features go (like TABS :D , RSS support, popup blocking, phishing filters and other security improvements), but there's still a few things wrong. Firstly FTP support was beautiful for a newbie users in IE6 - so simple, just drag and drop to an FTP:// site as if it was a normal folder. IE7 doesn't even seem to be able to connect to FTP never mind downloading or uploading. The option for it is still there under advanced options, but its unticked by default and doesn't seem to work when it is ticked.

Tab management is now quite smooth and integrates nicely, but the new UI may confuse people at first glance. ClearType rendering makes it stand out, but this can be enabled using Windows display properties for all programs anyway.

Overall I still prefer firefox becuase of its vast extensibility. IE will (I reckon) never get that.

SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Am thinking since long to give it a try, could you please leave a link from where i can download it...
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

Here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7 ... irect.mspx

It will only work on a Genuine Advantage Validated Windows, which means that if you are using a cracked version of Windows you might not be able to install it. I haven't tried to install it on a cracked Windows but I don't think you can validate a cracked version. Perhaps someone will crack Geniune Advantage validation. I know they have done so for the website downloads and for Microsoft Update but I don't think the same crack would work for IE7 BETA.

It also requires XP SP2 to be installed (which every Windows XP computer should have anyway) It is a very big thing to install and it completely replaces IE6, which means the only way to go back to using IE6 is to uninstall it.

I don't know how you installed SP2, but I remember that the install process for SP2 is very similar to the install process for IE7.
iPod Wizard

Post by iPod Wizard »

Oooo.. thanks for the IE7 beta.. will try it out.
darko

Post by darko »

oh..... ihave a cracked version of windows so i don't think it will work, anyways i think i'm gona wait till windows vista comes out it will have the stable version of IE7 i wait till then to try it, but i still think that firefox is the best

Thanks anyways
Darko
Darko
Peanutman

Post by Peanutman »

I recently installed the Vista Beta 2, and it had IE7 on it (also a beta I guess).
I don't know... it still doesn't block popups decently, some evil site still got spyware on my pc by just visiting a site (using Vista!!!) , the tabs are stolen from Opera, the other stuff from Firefox.

I didn't quite like it... I love my opera.

Reinout,
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

I don't kow... if not for the issue with broken FTP support its a big improvement over IE6 - despite the fact that its UI is clearly stolen from Opera. In my book it will never beat Firefox due to Firefox being Open source, and its extensions. :D
NHL98

Post by NHL98 »

elicoten wrote:I don't kow... if not for the issue with broken FTP support its a big improvement over IE6 - despite the fact that its UI is clearly stolen from Opera. In my book it will never beat Firefox due to Firefox being Open source, and its extensions. :D
Well said buddy, Firefox with its themes rule !!
Mizo

Post by Mizo »

i use this browser right now
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

UPDATE: I have downloaded the latest build of Internet Explorer 7 BETA Preview (20th March build) and it seems that it now does support FTP Support, but nowhere near as nicely as IE6 used to! :(

IE6 was so easy even for people who had no idea about FTP, IE7 is more like Firefox and Opera (FTP Download supported, but no FTP Upload). Worse still, FTP Authentication is broken in IE7, so if the site you want to visit needs a username and password then IE7 can't open it. Such a step barkwards!