You no longer need to use any FTP program...

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
rosareven

You no longer need to use any FTP program...

Post by rosareven »

...because there's a FTP client which can be used through browser. There're quite a few web FTP client out there but I found this one the best: http://net2ftp.com

When I try to manage my files on my web space from my school I tried to install a FTP program but the school computers are not allowing that. When I was wondering what to do I found this web FTP client. It's a life saver if you can't install or can't use a FTP program =)

ELMOHTARF

Post by ELMOHTARF »

thanks man i like it

i will use it in any time :wink: :wink:
With My Best Wishes ::::::: Scorpion :::::::::
Cheech

Post by Cheech »

I ran into the same situation, school pc's were firewalled to hell and I need to change the htaccess file to lockout a clients site, found that this site did the trick.
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

In many browsers you will find a builtin FTP client. Firefox supports download only (but as usual there is a full featured FTP client extension) simply by typing in ftp://<ftpsite.com> where ftpsite.com is the address of the FTP site you want to visit.

Opera is as disappointing as firefox when it comes to builtin support, but Internet Explorer 6 is actually guite a good simple FTP client, for a change, something that MS have done well. Internet Explorer 7 BETA... tells me that "This page cannot be displayed"! They still have the option for it under Internet Options - Advanced, but it doesn't seem to work!

I don't know about other browsers but other than IE7 BETA, all browsers that I know of support downloads from FTP site. Only IE6 at the moment has builtin upload support. Whilst I generally prefer Firefox or Opera over internet explorer, for beginners, Internet Explorer 6 is very good when it comes to FTP
darko

Post by darko »

lots of cpanels offer you uploading services, but the website is amazing i saved the link and i might use it later on, thanks dude

Darko
Darko
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

darko wrote:but the website is amazing i saved the link and i might use it later on,
Which website are you referring to here - ftp:// (?)

Eli
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Pretty good, although I still preffer to use Filezilla, my FTP program.
ddarude

Post by ddarude »

I prefer my favorite: FlashFXP
Besides I don't think it's safe since the website will have all the information regarding the ftp.
Itaiber2000

Post by Itaiber2000 »

i agree, beeter use a ftp client
* Itai Berman *
jeremy90

Post by jeremy90 »

the site is not comming up for me :cry: