How To Backup Windows Xp Automatic Update.,

Any duscussion regarding softwares can be carried out here.
al-m3skr

How To Backup Windows Xp Automatic Update.,

Post by al-m3skr »

I am regularling updating my Windows XP SP2 System with automatic updates. I want to make a backup of all the updates that I've so far downloaded. So lease kindly help me where to find those updates in my system or how to make a bacup of the downloaded updates.

kharbta

Post by kharbta »

sorry man I don't know but I think you can find it in the temp files

but I'm not be sure
ELMOHTARF

Post by ELMOHTARF »

yes man i can help you

you can use GHOST and make backup from your windows on your pc and when this windows not running you can use the GHOST again to restore your back up

with my best wishes :wink: :wink:
With My Best Wishes ::::::: Scorpion :::::::::
Cheech

Post by Cheech »

I dont think you can backup updates, the need to be exacuted threw windows updater and it wont accept them off your HD or disk or whatever. Whats the problem with redownloading them? MS will mail you a copy of SP2 on a disk, the rest are small and easy to download. Ghost is a option but not a solution :)
elicoten

Post by elicoten »

There probably is some way, but it wouldn't be easy. Its probably easiest to simply make a new XP installation CD using Nlite and install all the updates thereon. http://www.nliteos.com/ worked well for me and allows you to preinsatll updates onto the installation CD.

If you are serious about this, give it a try. You need your original windows CD to create the new one, I don't know if it woudl work using an OEM "Recovery Disk". It probably wouldn't work with one of the ones that is simply an image of the HDD as supplied new from the manufacturer.