Icons - how to...

Any problem with HTML can be discussed here.
zeroraven

Post by zeroraven »

headshots asked how to make them, renaming the extenstion isn't going to do anything besides screw your image probably, even converting it won't make it animated.

Google online for gif animation programs, lots of freeware out there, and if you have flash you can publish them as gifs though it'll look horrible and since it's not flash's intended use you'll get mixed results.

insane

Post by insane »

So you can't have an animated icon? That sucks, but oh well.
Max

Post by Max »

insane wrote:So you can't have an animated icon?
Of course you can : just use an animated format...
RvB

Post by RvB »

i wasnt saying rename it, i was saying use a different file which moves instead of an .ico :D but as i said, i dont know.
destiny

lol

Post by destiny »

well its kinda hard to make one anyone know where there is a ready link/image for it
or just the default sizes for them haha i meade one myself but i didnt like it that much xD
uz

Post by uz »

pliz recommend the best icon maker programme
Max

Post by Max »

GIMP
chocolatxbliss

Post by chocolatxbliss »

buttons aren't html...they're graphics. you have to use a graphics program, like adobe photoshop or paint shop pro. if you don't want to pay for those you could always go for the freeware GIMP...which is what i use. i'm not going to go into which programs are good and which are bad, but i think the paid ones are better, but considering gimp is freeware, i think it's pretty good. anyways, for buttons, you just have to like learn it by yourself...you can pick up tips and tricks from sites, but basically, you dont need html, but youre creativity =]
kaos_frack

Post by kaos_frack »

i think you should have a favicon.ico file in your root folder
and it will appear on all pages
kassandora8

Post by kassandora8 »

may i know how to make my icon rotate in certain time
hanif muhamad