Hosting...

Any suggestions for the improvement of the site can be posted here.
D0M1N0R

Post by D0M1N0R »

Well then maybe he should consider announcing it to every1 instead of that some members says it, and its way too irresponsible to have it like it was!

korsaan

Post by korsaan »

I think that the server was down about 9 Times :?

I hope that it won't down again :D

and hope also that SHadmin see that topic :D
# www.H4W.com [SOON]
# Host For Web

# www.AlHjz.com
# Domain Name Registrations

# www.ArabTouch.com
# Arab Touch For Web Solutions
D0M1N0R

Post by D0M1N0R »

Well, I have neither been able to access the site, or FTP, OR THIS site for 2 weeks..
Praveen

Post by Praveen »

Me too. Here rains were very heavy.
D0M1N0R

Post by D0M1N0R »

When the hell is the downtime going to stop and the servers gonna work normal again??
warstomp

Post by warstomp »

I see a lot of offline time here, what is the problem? how often does this happen?
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

Hi everyone

And am extremely sorry for such a long downtime.

The actuall fact was that i was on a holiday for the last 20 days and finally discovered only yesterday what and what not is happening on the server. Well, i am looking up into this now and will be getting things set as soon as possible. Infact looking at the current datacenter's support services and the condition of the server, there may be chances of us migrating to a new server (but as i said, there may be chances, nothing finalised yet) and ofcourse everyone will be notified if anything such happens.

Sorry once again for all the inconvienience caused.
SHAdmin

Post by SHAdmin »

brevity wrote:Don't be mad at SHAdmin. Servers go down. Hard drives go bad. It is a fact of life in the hosting world. He posted an explanation a couple of days ago at http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=439466 I would assume that we will get another explanation here, too.

Even if SHAdmin has backups of our data, you should still consider it a personal responsibility to keep your own backups.

DirectAdmin has terrific backup capabilities. I download a full backup at the beginning of each month, right after the quotas reset. If I had an active forum, I'd probably back up weekly or more often. Learn how to back up your account at http://www.site-helper.com/backup.html

How often should you back up your site? The answer depends on how many days worth of data you can stand to lose. :wink:

How soon should you backup if you haven't already? Why not right now? :idea:

On another note, I haven't found anything that isn't working in my account so far. I set up some of my sites at another host, and I think I may keep them there a couple of days, but the ones that remained behind, including a site with a forum and a mySQL-dependent CMS, seem to be working just fine.

Thanks a lot brevity to be so very helpfull and cooperative with the rest of the members while i was away. I truely appreciate all your efforts and patience.
bangbanger

Post by bangbanger »

If you have a super active forum do a back up every day. Or if not an active forum just back up when you change things.
ELMOHTARF

Post by ELMOHTARF »

korsaan wrote: I hope that it won't down again :D
:D
me too korsaan i hope that.................... :cry:
With My Best Wishes ::::::: Scorpion :::::::::