The Air Car

All other fun that doesn't go into either of the above categories.
AValanche

The Air Car

Post by AValanche »

After twelve years of reserch and development, Guy Negre has developed an engine that could become one of the biggest technological advances of this century. Its application to CAT vehicles gives them significant economical and environmental advantages. With the incorporation of bi-energy (compressed air + fuel) the CAT Vehicles have increased their driving range to close to 2000 km with zero pollution in cities and considerably reduced pollution outside urban areas.
As well, the application of the MDI engine in other areas, outside the automotive sector, opens a multitude of possibilities in nautical fields, co-generation, auxiliary engines, electric generators groups, etc. Compressed air is a new viable form of power that allows the **** and transport of energy. MDI is very close to initiating the production of a series of engines and vehicles. The company is financed by the sale of manufacturing licences and patents all over the world.
Source: http://www.theaircar.com/ :shock: :shock:

darkdesi

Post by darkdesi »

Heyyyy Nice Car, I Hope it Comes to Colombia :D So maybe i can Buy It :):D thanks for the info
kharbta

Post by kharbta »

amazing car :wink:

I hope to come Egypt :D :D :D
wil

Post by wil »

I think it's a cool idea, and what they've done with it so far looks good. But at least based on the designs so far, I'd say the market for them is fairly limited. Even if low-emission or zero-emission cars were required by law, those models just wouldn't suit a lot of peoples' needs. For example, a family with 2 or 3 or 9 kids. And what about delivery trucks and such? They are responsible for a lot of pollution and congestion in many urban areas, but I don't think any of these Air Car models are going to be much good for hauling freight.

Still, it may not work for everybody, but it'll work for a lot of people. Even for families, it'd be a great second car.

Another possible option for them would be some type of short-term care hire or something like the Flexcar system. Have these things available in various locations throughout a city, particularly in outer suburbs. Tthen people can hop in and drive into the city or wherever they need to go, and when they're finished with it, they pay up based on an hourly rate, then leave it at a drop-off point.
darkdesi

Post by darkdesi »

Hunm... Yeah I'm with Wil Opinnion
znad

Post by znad »

amazing car
I want to have one
wil

Post by wil »

znad wrote:amazing car
I want to have one
Me too! Me too! :lol:
korsaan

Post by korsaan »

When will it come to Egypt :D:D:D:D
# www.H4W.com [SOON]
# Host For Web

# www.AlHjz.com
# Domain Name Registrations

# www.ArabTouch.com
# Arab Touch For Web Solutions
jandm

Post by jandm »

That is a good idea, with the high gas prices, it will help people save money.
Lisk

Post by Lisk »

So... will it get used soon? :'\ Most car inventions aren't.